10-13 YZ450f plastics

7 replies to this topic
  • grcmoto

Posted September 26, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi,

I am looking to find OEM black & white plastics.  I have found aftermarket kits but they dont have the textured plastic that i want. Also when i look at microfiches it seems they only offer the blue kits.  I'm looking to find the black/white oem textured plastics. I'd prefer to have the plastics in the first picture where the black is on top then white on the lower portion.  I wouldn't mind having the reverse colorway of that though.  Anyone know where i can purchase them at?  

34954986.jpg2012-yamaha-yz450f-white-5821-31.jpg

Edited by grcmoto, September 26, 2013 - 05:37 PM.

• DC_Excitement

Posted September 26, 2013 - 07:11 PM

OEM is the only way to go. ive had good luck with motosport.com, but if you have a good local dealer it would be great to support them :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:08 AM

OEM plastics are not much more expensive than the aftermarket most of the time, and the quality and fit are nearly always better.  Just don't ask for the price of OEM graphics.

• grcmoto

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:23 AM

Where can I get the black or white lower textured shrouds though? I can't find them in the yamaha microfiche

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxbrewski

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Not meaning to hijack your topic, but does anybody know which plastics companies make the side number plates 'without' the texturing on it?

Edited by mxbrewski, September 27, 2013 - 10:37 AM.

• grcmoto

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Basically every company that makes plastics for the 10-3 yz450f is not textured. I have been on a hunt for textured lower shrouds.

• mxbrewski

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Thanks grcmoto. I think stock/OEM is the only one that does that.

• mxbrewski

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Might check Polysport, looks like they had the texturing on the side panels. Could not tell on the photo of the rad covers though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.