Wont start after waterpump rebuild?

8 replies to this topic
  • DaleRidesAll

Posted September 26, 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hi guys, i have just finished doing the water pump on my 99wr400, new shaft gaskets and both seals. so she does not wont to start or if it does start it dies with no throttle. it has brand new oil and coolant and before i did the water pump it started first kick everytime hot cold no throttle and ran like a beast, HELP MUAH!

• Thommo_400f

Posted September 26, 2013 - 07:25 PM

My suspicion is a coolant leak past a seal. Spark plugs hate coolant.

• DaleRidesAll

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:27 PM

would coolant be in the oil if it was that?

• Thommo_400f

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:33 PM

hmmm...on thinking, it would have to be head gasket to get to top end.....sorry but I might be barking up wrong tree.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaleRidesAll

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:54 PM

okay every now and then it will start with throttle and if it does it backfires a bit but if i let go of throttle instantly dies

• Thommo_400f

Posted September 26, 2013 - 10:05 PM

That sounds like blocked pilot jet.

• DaleRidesAll

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:53 AM

Would that have happened from doing the water pump, cause before I did it it started dirt kick everytine

• cumminsgetsome

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:27 AM

Did you lay the bike on its side to do the pump if so carb might have spilled over in the intake and flooded the engine.

• DaleRidesAll

Posted September 27, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Nah bike was upright the whole time

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.