chadwick/new tire

7 replies to this topic
  • the426master

Posted December 28, 2003 - 06:32 AM

I'm going down to chadwick soon and I wanted to know if I should put my new tire on before I go :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 28, 2003 - 06:51 AM

Maxis IT are supposed to work well in those rocky conditions. M12's also. Most fast riders out west are loving the Maxis IT in rocky terrain and they seem to last very well.

• PBWR450

Posted December 28, 2003 - 07:08 AM

There's alot of rocks there. If your old tire is in decent shape you should probably not change it until after riding at Chadwick. I guess it also depends on how hard you plan to ride when you get there. When do you plan to go? Been hoping to get there soon myself.

• the426master

Posted December 28, 2003 - 08:41 AM

we plan to ride there the 2nd 3rd and mabe the 4th

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted December 28, 2003 - 09:04 AM

throw the new tire in the truck with all your gear. rounded off knobs don't work very well at chadwick when those rocks get a little mud on them. the weather forecast keeps changing. you wont know if you need new meat till you get there.

• PBWR450

Posted December 28, 2003 - 10:11 AM

I have to work that weekend. :)

• Jekel

Posted December 30, 2003 - 07:02 PM

If the old tires have any tread on them, leave them on. Chadwick will waste a new tire quickly for someone new to the area. May see ya, just depends. :)

• MOmilkman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 11:45 AM

So how was Chadwick?

Did you roast a new tire? :D :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.