Carb Issues

3 replies to this topic
  • Kicker98

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:30 AM

Hey y'all, I have a 98 WR 400. The bike was running great about a month ago, but while riding I pulled the clutch in and gave it some gas so it wouldn't stall because my idle was messed up. When I pulled the clutch in I didn't give it enough gas and it shut off and hasn't started since. I pulled the carb off to check the jets and clean them. I read the "How to fix the 'BOG' issue thread", so I dremmiled the stopper on the diaphragm and put wire where was needed. After I put the carb back together, I filled the carb with gas and pulled the throttle and no gas shot out. Before I did this "mod", the gas shot out very strong from the carb when the throttle was pulled.

Has anyone else ran into this issue or should I just buy a new diaphragm??

Also if it is possible, can anyone take a picture of their carburetor on the left side, I need to make sure the tubes are connected correctly.

Any help is much appreciated!

• Thommo_400f

Posted September 28, 2013 - 02:34 AM

You have 2 issues:
Pilot jet is blocked - replace
AP is messed up - new diaphragm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:39 PM

You have two more issues: 

Apump nozzle is probably corroded

Need to do the apump upgrade outlined in the pinned posts.

• Kicker98

Posted October 16, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the help, Sorry it took me a while have been busy with work. I am ordering the parts tonight, hopefully this will fix the issue.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.