2012 wr450 oil in airbox?

3 replies to this topic
  • littlebigpuff

Posted September 23, 2013 - 04:51 AM

ok so i was out for a ride(on rode) and during the ride we stoped for petrol and i notices a small bit of oil on the ground under the bike , asuming it was there before me i rode on but when i got home . 30 mins later icould see that the kick stand was covered in oil . i traced it to the airbocx  to find it full of oil and the filter was covered in it.
wat could have caused this ... ? i asked yamaha and they ssaid it must have been on its side . and i know for sure it wasnt . bike has done 1700kms and only been serviced by them . i check my oil levels and such things and everything appers normal also no changes have been ,made in the last month

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 23, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Did you drain the oil, when changing it, using both drain plugs?

Sounds like the normal over-fill senario.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:53 AM

I had the same thing. Its over filled. Mine was, by the dealer for the former owner.

There are 2 drain plugs on these bikes. And you are supposed to removed the filler cap and the dipstick so that everything drains properly.

• littlebigpuff

Posted October 13, 2013 - 05:03 AM

ok i sent the bike up to them so they could check it over . and when the bike returned i had the same problem 2 rides later ... am i missing somthing or is my dealership a bunch of MUPPETS

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.