Options for easier starting and clutches

1 reply to this topic
  • Brayden

Posted September 22, 2013 - 07:53 PM

I am in the process of making my 99 wr400 street legal and im down to the point where i need to make it easier to start just in case it happens to die at a stop sign or me stall it. Im pretty sure we all know these bikes are tricky to start and have to have it perfect to start up. I was looking into some options and came across the Rekluse clutches. about 50/50 people say they will work on these bikes. Would anybody happen to know where i can get one for my bike? Also, for easier starting, does the wr450 exhaust cam make it easier to start? My ultimate goal is to make the bike more reliable, and easier to start. I am going to be doing all of this work myself so any possible help is much appreciated on this.

Thanks,

Brayden

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 23, 2013 - 05:18 AM

The key to quick starting is the jetting.  Read the pinned posts about your bike to find the best jetting.

Contact Rekluse regarding a clutch for your year. Not sure they make one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.