having issues with new hotcam 2000 yz426f

2 replies to this topic
  • 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 02:11 PM

so I got the other issue worked out with the timing chain slipping. so I got both cams reinstalled and checked the clearance. I couldn't find in my manual what the valve clearance is supposed to be but I came up with .007 on exhaust side with new cam and .006 on intake side.  so once I did that I manually turned the motor over and a certain point it just stopped.  I did get the decomp cam so im scratching my head is to why is just stoppes and wont go any farther.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:44 AM

Based on what you said before and on this, I'd say your cam timing is wrong and you have valves hitting the piston.

Better pull both cams and start over.  Don't try to force the engine to turn.

Your valve clearance is supposed to be .004-.006" intake and .010- .012 exhaust.

• 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Ok I will def take it back apart and readjust them

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.