My 2012 WR450F runs hot.

24 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:58 PM

give it a try.

Thanks, I probably will.

• vlxjim

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yes, too advanced timing, insufficient octane or a lean mixture can all cause detonation and therefore overheating and damage.  Given that the base map of zero is a safe start point, can you explain or justify the benefits of  -1 degree in timing?

He is running a comp ECU and the timing is already bumped up. So as I said add some fuel and kick down the timing -1 at the low end is a place to start. The OP is running at slow speeds and his cooling system is being tested. What I have posted well help. If not something else is wrong. But seeing that he's running a stock Comp ECU this should help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:43 PM

http://www.dirtbikew...ad.php?t=107474

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 06, 2013 - 07:55 PM

I was out riding today.

I checked into exotic coolants like Engine Ice and Evans NVG+. I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.

I checked the idle speed with the GYTR tuner and found it to be 2800 RPM. I adjusted it down to 1950. The bike is much easier to ride and stalls even less. My engine didn't overheat, but it was a bit cooler out too.

I loaded a bunch of maps into my GYTR tuner. Unfortunately I got an error (Cant communicate with the ECU) when I went to upload them. That will be the subject of a different post.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 06, 2013 - 09:50 PM

"Advanced ignition timing = more engine heat" at 5:10 in

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.