#$%*! What did I fry?

2 replies to this topic
  • IndyHooligan

Posted September 21, 2013 - 11:23 AM

I removed the ignition coil to check on the throttle stop screw on my 2000 WR400.  Looks like the prev owner already did the mod.  Excellent!  A few days later...

Not so excellent- I looked down after a short test ride for my Yoshimura RS3 spark arrester mod I just did to see something smoking.  I had forgotten to bolt the coil back on and its outer casing was being burned on the pipe. DOH!  I immediately when to grab it, and when I did, I saw a spark against the pipe.  It killed the bike immediately.

The bike fired up fine once I put some elec tape around the burned spot and bolted it back on with the ground.  Next I noticed I had no lights. I was concerned that this might have done some damage.

The bulbs are fine. 

UPDATE:  I don't know how it happened, I just hit the headlights "off" switch.  I think I'm gonna remove that when I update my lighting... duh.

Edited by IndyHooligan, September 21, 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrFeelGood

Posted September 26, 2013 - 10:20 AM

:lol:

• zlathim

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:58 AM

Oh, the dreaded "off switch" malfunction.  That's a pretty tough fix, better take it to the dealer!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.