some one told me a trick to staring a 426

5 replies to this topic
  • zaxcar1

Posted September 17, 2013 - 04:04 PM

WHEN i start my 426 cold, the bike takes a while to get her going. some one told me that if i lean the bike on its side for a few before i start it will help. Now the thery sounds good, but do you think it would help???

• DC_Excitement

Posted September 17, 2013 - 04:09 PM

it can help you, you would be getting fresh fumes in the carb causing an easier ignite.

I had a ttr 125 that it would only start cold if you would lean it over and get fresh fuel in the bowl. the carb ended up having a really small port clogged. cleared it out and it started real easy after that.

• 1quickTPI

Posted September 17, 2013 - 07:20 PM

I always had to do this with flooded two strokes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thinlineggman

Posted September 18, 2013 - 12:10 AM

That's a 2 stroke trick! I rode a 125 that needed the same treatment.

Try cleaning out your carb. Might have a partially clogged pilot jet.

• Thommo_400f

Posted September 18, 2013 - 02:12 AM

If you have a clean carb and the AP is working. Just give the throttle 2 turns before the normal starting.

• grayracer513

Posted September 18, 2013 - 08:52 AM

Exactly.  The idea of that with a two stroke is to defeat the float and cause extra fuel to enter the engine in order to provide enough free vapor in the cold engine to get it going.  With an accelerator pump, this is unnecessary, as all you need do is crank the throttle once or twice to accomplish the same thing.  Only on a cold engine, though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.