Pro action worth the coin for a novice

5 replies to this topic
  • Mtrain730

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Is worth sending my low hour suspension off my 2012 yz 450 for a revalve. I race novice and weigh 165

• NitrousR1

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:31 PM

What are your complaints with the suspension? You need to have some issues in order to address them. Your close as far as weight with the stock springs

• Mtrain730

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Post sent before I was finished. I am right on the edge of needing lighter springs but have made the bike ok by raising the Forks and backing compression off. This would be a winter project. But don't want too waste the money if at this point it's a waste or could be better spent some where else since I am on a budget thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ekulb14

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:38 PM

yeh dont waste money on revalving yet. Get the  lighter springs do the work yourself and save the cash. if you are "on the edge"  get lighter springs so you can set the clickers for riding style and not have to compensate for springs.

Edited by ekulb14, September 16, 2013 - 03:39 PM.

• Mtrain730

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Complaints would be bike seems too ride harsh and and I am having trouble cornering. Again I am a novice racer not rider but new too racing. I have improved it slightly thanks too some tips from forum members. But When I corner I have a tough time getting the forks too settle so I fight too get it lean and not stand up and push or wash out. Also on the fast straits when the track gets real rough it seem like I'm bouncing around more then I should. Not real plush. Those would be my complaints.

• Mtrain730

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Ok thanks for the input.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.