TRANNY GEARS=Help Needed.

7 replies to this topic
  • BK14MX

Posted December 17, 2001 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone deal with a shop that may carry TRANS parts for a 00'426??????? With the Holiday coming up, I'm afraid I may be RIDELESS for most of my time off.. They can be ordered, but that will take 10-14 days(what the H@#$). If anyone deals with a great shop, or works for a shop, pppllleeeaaasseeeeeeee shoot me an email(bk14mx@mindspring.com) I need my FIX!!!!!
thanks,
Brian.

Y5BE-17252-10-00 5TH WHEEL
Y5BE-17231-00-00 3RD WHEEL
Y5BE-17241-10-00 4TH WHEEL
Y5BE-18501-00-00 SHIFT FORK
Y5BE-18503=00=00 SHIFT FORK

• Squidwerd_on_a_400f

Posted December 17, 2001 - 03:43 PM

have you tried ronnies.com or powersportspro.com? Both are michrophish online yamaha dealers. Check them out it can't hurt. :)

Thumpin in the city
99 YZ-400f

• MX_Tuner

Posted December 18, 2001 - 02:15 AM

I'll try one of our local dealers here today. I'll post if I have any good news.

Hey Squidwerd, my kids are strung out on Spongebob Squarepants. They live for that show.

• BK14MX

Posted December 18, 2001 - 04:51 AM

Thanks Mark, I appreciate the help! Also, thanks for the sites Squidwerd, their a big help.

Mark, The dogs didnt break, they just rounded off, it was suggested to me to have those gears undercut, whats your opinion on that process???

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: BK14MX ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • THUMPIN_CANUK

Posted December 18, 2001 - 06:59 AM

Hey bk4mx, I have a 250f with one tooth rounded off and one broken off third gear. I have contacted yamaha and they say there is no problem with the gears, but they are back orderd untill further notice. Customer assistance treated me like I was a lepper. This is definitly my last yamaha purchase. :D :D :D :) :D

• MX_Tuner

Posted December 18, 2001 - 08:04 AM

Sorry, they don't have any of those in stock. Have you tried Chapparral or Yamaha of Troy?

• tony_t.

Posted December 18, 2001 - 11:27 AM

I had the same problem last Christmas with my 2000. It took 6 weeks to get all the parts through my local dealer. Give www.worldofpowersports.com a try they may carry the parts in stock.

• Jasons

Posted December 18, 2001 - 11:33 AM

Be careful when you order the gears. I had a similar problem of a bent shift fork and rounded dogs, I think it was due to a crash pushing the shift lever extra hard and bending the fork. Anyway, my manual for the 01 yz had the gears mis-labeled, so I ordered a 1st gear instead of a 5 th gear when I went by the names listed in the book. The microfiche was correct but the book had them backwards, so double check before you order so you don't end up taking another 10-14 to get it fixed.

My local shop usually gets stuff in 2 days but they order every day. Many smaller shops only order once or twice a week thus the long time quotes.

You can also try Yamaha of Troy and Downers Grove Yamaha, they will ship to your door but I would be surprised if anyone stocks those parts.

Good luck, I hope you get it together to take advantage of your time off.
Jason

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.