Stupid clutch cover question

6 replies to this topic
  • gcally

Posted September 16, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Can I remove the clutch cover on a 07 WR450 when it is leaning on the kickstand without having oil come out of the case?

I would rather work on the clutch without having to lay the bike on its side.

• JDLowrance

Posted September 16, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Can I remove the clutch cover on a 07 WR450 when it is leaning on the kickstand without having oil come out of the case?

Should be fine. I actualy prefer laying bike on side by placing left side of handle bar on bike stand...it's how I change my oil filter as well so oil doesn't run all down the side of the motor.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 16, 2013 - 02:54 PM

You have to lean it over at least 30 degrees or so to keep oil from coming out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yup. Just lay the bike on its side and put a log or something under the handlebars as to not bend your rad shrouds

• gcally

Posted October 01, 2013 - 11:38 AM

I just wanted to post a follow up. You can actually have the bike on the stand and take the cover off without leaking any oil.

See picture…

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0008.JPG

• GASKICKER

Posted October 02, 2013 - 08:18 AM

I just wanted to post a follow up. You can actually have the bike on the stand and take the cover off without leaking any oil.

See picture…

On the kick stand?

• gcally

Posted October 02, 2013 - 11:29 AM

On the kick stand?

Kick stand or center stand. Mine was on center stand.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.