Insurance

10 replies to this topic
  • SandLunatic

Posted December 17, 2001 - 02:40 PM

I need to insure my YZ426 and my girlfriends Warrior. I was wandering what company you guys and gals are using and are you happy with them. AAA doesn't have policies for these bikes which is who I'm currently with now. So if you would, some names and maybe a quote would be appreciated.

• just4fun

Posted December 17, 2001 - 02:54 PM

I have my bike insured with State Farm. I have all my other policies with them as well, so that may make a difference. I currently pay around $125 per year, full coverage with high liability limits. No medical coverage though.

Good Luck

Posted December 18, 2001 - 02:35 AM

I am with Prodressive. Not too bad so far.

• Kirtwell

Posted December 18, 2001 - 03:53 AM

Hey just4fun,
I have State Farm also...what exactly does their policy cover?

• ThomasYZ426F

Posted December 18, 2001 - 04:24 AM

I use Progressive for Fire and Theft.

Seems to be good...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted December 18, 2001 - 04:34 AM

I use Shelter...my bike has its own "motorcycle specific" policy. My agent told me they don't recognize bikes as "on" or "off road"..just engine size. It is covered for theft,fire,damage..etc..the works! 112$/year.

• FASTFRANK

Posted December 18, 2001 - 05:22 AM

I USE NATIONWIDE, FIRE AND THEFT ON MY 426 AND MY WARRIOR PLUS BY BUDS RM250. FULL COVERAGE WAS A LITTLE HIGH. I PAY LIKE $115 FOR THE WARRIOR, CLOSE TO $200 FOR THE 426 AND AROUND $130 FOR THE RM. COULD BE BETTER BUT I AM 24. HOPE ALL MY INSURANCE DROPS WHEN I GET 25. COUPLE OF TICKETS ON THAT ZX9R OF MINE THOUGH....LOL :) :D

• Glen_T

Posted December 18, 2001 - 05:40 AM

Allstate insures off road stuff too. Maybe a bit higher than the others for full coverage, but I just have liability on my 426 for about $65 a year. I figure it will protect me in a lawsuit.

• BAL

Posted December 18, 2001 - 06:28 AM

I just paid $147 to Farmers for full coverage on my 2002 426 with only a $50 deductible. However, I do have a 3 month layup period from June to August.

• Husker_Mike

Posted December 18, 2001 - 07:13 AM

I have a policy from Progressive, $243 total per year, for full coverage for my YZ and XR.

• just4fun

Posted December 18, 2001 - 07:46 AM

Kirtwel,

I have been in the isurance business for 8 years and find State Farm has some of the best policies available for the average homeowner/consumer.

I have high liability limits (including an umbrella) along with a $500 deductible for damage to the bike. They call this L coverage which combines Collision and Comprehensive. This is strictly recreational coverage and if I license the bike for dual sport they will cover it like a normal road bike.

Basically if it is stolen, totalled because of my lack of Pestrana skills or falls off the trailer it is fully covered. Not to mention if I run somebody over.

Hope that helps.

PS Double check with your agent, as each state has different policies and laws.

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: just4fun ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.