2003 YZ450F Possibly street legal?

2 replies to this topic
  • 250f_Bullis115

Posted September 15, 2013 - 10:17 AM

hey im just wondering if I can make my bike street legal and how hard/easy it would be to do this.., thanks ahead of time for any advice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nuity5

Posted September 15, 2013 - 11:23 AM

I've got a tagged 03 250F and a 03 450F. First thing is having a title. Second it can't specify for off road use only anywhere. If you've got that then it's just a matter of not offering too much information. Politely answer any question but don't offer anything extra. In SC once you get past the auditor for paying property tax you've pretty much got it. Just hand them the title and don't tell them it's a dirtbike you're trying to put on the road - just say it's a motorcycle - but be nice. On my 450 I just transferred a tag off my XR600 so it was easier. I've had insurance with Progressive and now I'm with Safeco. In SC they both have a minimum rate you'll pay. It's something like $94 for Progressive and $102 for Safeco. Even though a single bike is cheaper than that I would still pay $102. For both I still pay $102. Now I just did mine so I didn't have to listen to a lecture if I get caught on a dirtroad. I'll still catch some grief for no horn and tires but hopefully since I have the big stuff they'll cut me some slack. I put lights on my 250 but I haven't go to the 450 yet and that's another subject all together. Clay

• NitrousR1

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Definitely check out supermoto junkie.com. They have a lot of Yz and wr supermoto conversions with posts that follow the whole project

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.