Oil came out of valve cover breather hose?

1 reply to this topic
  • AKmotorider

Posted September 14, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yesterday I was rippin hardcore for about 2 hours on and off. Rev limiter bangin, all the works. On one of my short breaks, I noticed a medium sized rainbow beneath my bike on the ground (it was dumping rain). Upon close inspection, it became apparent that a small amount of oil had leaked out of the valve cover breather hose and onto the ground. It was a little bubbly and very warm. This has never happened before, and no, this isn't a brand new engine or anything. I haven't made any changes to the bike or its fuel in a while. I rode for a bit longer, and it did not continue to leak out oil after it was parked. I checked the oil window, and it had leaked out enough that it was down to 3/4 full. Why would that happen? Could it have overheated from me riding so hard, or did something mix in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jojo1224

Posted September 15, 2013 - 08:25 AM

When you run them real hard they will blow some oil out of the breather, its normal.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.