Switch for grey wire question

2 replies to this topic
  • ggggg

Posted September 14, 2013 - 02:34 AM

I am fitting a switch to my grey wire, so I can use both timing maps in the ecu on my wr426, can I switch between maps with the motor running without any issues, or should I kill the motor before selecting a setting.

Thanks for any responses, I wanted to see if the grey wire in stock wr mode would soften the hit in the low/ mid range for greasy terrain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted September 14, 2013 - 05:05 PM

You have to shut it off. The ECU only checks for the gray being connected on start. So no switching on the fly, unfortunaely.

I did the swich on my WR, it does help a tiny bit, certaly enough to justify the effort. My toggle is inside the air box.

• ggggg

Posted September 14, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thank you William, at tells me all I needed to know.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.