Scored a bargain?

5 replies to this topic
  • ggggg

Posted September 13, 2013 - 12:14 PM

I just secured a deal on a pair of wheels for my wr426, with discs, sprocket, spacers & tyres, all as new, cost me £200 (uk money), I think this a steal, what say you?

• ickfinger

Posted September 13, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Stateside a used spare set is around $400, so you did pretty good (im guessing your 200 equals about 350$us ?).

• ggggg

Posted September 13, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yes I think about $320, I'm pleased enough with the deal, as the wheels etc are in superb condition, it will save me swapping tyres for trail/road work, (which we call green lanes over here), & competition events.

We are very limited on trails that we can ride over here, no open land, just a few tracks that were old drovers roads & cart tracks, called 'byways', your bike has to be road legal, & a lot of other organisations are getting them closed to motorised vehicles, we have to fight the law & trail walkers over here to keep the right to ride!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tomerb

Posted September 15, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Yes I think about $320, I'm pleased enough with the deal, as the wheels etc are in superb condition, it will save me swapping tyres for trail/road work, (which we call green lanes over here), & competition events.

We are very limited on trails that we can ride over here, no open land, just a few tracks that were old drovers roads & cart tracks, called 'byways', your bike has to be road legal, & a lot of other organisations are getting them closed to motorised vehicles, we have to fight the law & trail walkers over here to keep the right to ride!

That's why my family left your area and move to the States for places like this!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Camp Creek 1-24-10 034.jpg

• ggggg

Posted September 15, 2013 - 04:18 PM

That's a big move Tomerb, the landscape in your picture is astounding, arid,& beautiful. My big challenge, with planning & just the wish to go somewhere unusual on a bike that is on my doorstep, draws me to The Broomway, to Foulness Island.

• ggggg

Posted September 15, 2013 - 04:31 PM

I hope That I am ok to put a link here about he island, the ride to it is a great fascination to me, I think it might bring back distant memories of The western Beach Race start straight, (albeit at a more sedate pace)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foulness

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.