My WR450 25 pound trim off...

Yamaha WR450F

434 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 09:47 PM

BTW, I would still honestly like to see some pictures of the MLCG fenderless woods weapon!  I mean it.

For the record, I took off the number plates, not the fenders.  Go back and check.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:00 AM

Lets see some money !  Where is the Gold Card ?  People were all talk about wanting to see my bike and me ride, so lets do it !  I got nothing to hide !

While we are at it, in case you missed it, I have a tight woods bike, not a desert bike.

You have a WR450

• stevethe

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:07 AM

I think we can all agree that those are super gnarly and technical hill climbs in that video and a clear case of bike, not rider, as the core issue.  Tell me that's not a spoof.

This thread is just getting weird now, yet (and therefore) I can't look away.  Hey, if I come to CA to ride, do I get a free margarita as well?

BTW, I would still honestly like to see some pictures of the MLCG fenderless woods weapon!  I mean it.

Yes anyone that comes out to Calif. to ride is entitled to at least a free Margarita payed by me and a great ride. Likely one of a lifetime. No dangerous stuff just fun and three ways up the good stuff. Remember this is a riders ride so a 450 is best or you gotta be real real good.

Yeah we want to see MLCG's bike I mean new name PTR. (PAY TO RIDE) Hey for a nickname its good good. You should change your screen name.

Edited by stevethe, September 24, 2014 - 05:46 AM.

• beezer

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:30 AM

I made the mistake of taking people from the intornet riding.  Out of the 4 I took only one was a decent rider.

The other 3 sucked.  One was so bad he fell 3 times in my backyard.

• stevethe

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:37 AM

I made the mistake of taking people from the intornet riding.  Out of the 4 I took only one was a decent rider.

The other 3 sucked.  One was so bad he fell 3 times in my backyard.

I hear you, loud and clear.

• KennyMc

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:40 AM

For the record, I took off the number plates, not the fenders. Go back and check.

Could you take a picture of said steed. I'm not totally into looks of a bike (well, I did get orange anodized stuff for my 350 but I digress), but as the number plates don't weigh that much and offer some protection, I would like to see a picture of it. If you don't want to then there must be more to it.....

Edited by KennyMc, September 24, 2014 - 05:40 AM.

• revelc

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:57 AM

You have a WR450

It sounds like the beginning stages of a cop out.

It's funny how we are all on a WR450 forum but his bike is SOOOO different than ours.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• beezer

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:36 AM

Could you take a picture of said steed. I'm not totally into looks of a bike (well, I did get orange anodized stuff for my 350 but I digress), but as the number plates don't weigh that much and offer some protection, I would like to see a picture of it. If you don't want to then there must be more to it.....

I would like to see a picture of the bike too.

• GP1K

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:47 AM

Whats a squid filter ?

Ok, so put the funds in one of those crowd sourcing things.   Pick a tight woods venue.  That is, after all, what I ride.  Everyone brings their WR.  No violence.  No bad behavior.  No guns.  GP1K rides a stock CRF 230.  I get the funds upon showing up with my bike.  We ride, we have fun.

Any chance we could bring Shane Watts into this and do some training ?

I'm dead serious.  Would love to meet you guys and ride with you.

If you get to pick my bike, I get to the pick the venue, and it ain't SoCal. It would be somewhere horsepower means shit and skill means everything. Bring it.

• beezer

Posted September 24, 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'd love to ride the desert in SC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted September 24, 2014 - 09:10 AM

For the record, I took off the number plates, not the fenders. Go back and check.

Oh, ok. I thought you'd removed all rear plastics, including the fender. I bet there's at least a pound of plastic to be had there by making a bob-tail rear out of it and trimming off a bunch of rear fender just past the sub-frame. Plus you'd get a sweet "Mad Max" look out if it.

• RockerYZWR

Posted September 24, 2014 - 09:18 AM

Yes anyone that comes out to Calif. to ride is entitled to at least a free Margarita payed by me and a great ride. Likely one of a lifetime. No dangerous stuff just fun and three ways up the good stuff. Remember this is a riders ride so a 450 is best or you gotta be real real good.

If this ever becomes a reality, I'll PM you. My brother lives up near Sacramento and I still have a bunch of family out in SoCal (where I was born). I'm supposed to be moving to FL this winter sometime, so I don't know how likely a trip there would be before then. But a cool ride and good Mexican food would be awesome.

• Jonesy11

Posted September 24, 2014 - 12:35 PM

Would love to meet up and ride also. Anytime anyone come out to SoCal would like to ride with you guys. And would really like to see a pic of mlcg bike.

• beezer

Posted September 24, 2014 - 12:42 PM

I bet a WR450 would look great as a bobber.

• stevethe

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:00 PM

If you get to pick my bike, I get to the pick the venue, and it ain't SoCal. It would be somewhere horsepower means shit and skill means everything. Bring it.

In So. Cal. you might enjoy both using your skills and H. P. We have our ex riders coming down from Nevada, Washington and all over.
Anyone considering a vacation or a trip to So. Cal. come on down. I will personally show you the best stuff.

• stevethe

Posted September 26, 2014 - 07:12 AM

What, you expect us to fund your entire trip?

Not gonna happen.

We are just trying to open your eyes to the realities of real riding.

Not 20 sec hill climbs up a slippery wooded hill.

A squid filter is a trail that tells all those around you just what kind of rider you are, in a matter of minutes.

It lets everyone know what kind of ride can be expected from that point forward, and possibly splinter rides will result for those who don't want to sit and wait, or help you through tough sections. 

Not so much that if you can or can't do it, but how you react to real trail issues. 

This is not to pass judgement, but to set the tone for all around you so they know what to expect.

The ride is for everyone, not just one person.

Do you down shift and paddle and fail? Squid.

Do you throw the bike away as it gets steep? Squid.

Do you moan and bitch when you fall, and whine for help? Squid.

If you get pinned under the bike, do you panic? Squid.

Do you worry more about the anodized garbage getting scratch than how you are holding up the group? Squid.

Do you upshif and stand up? Baller.

Do you wheelie up the waterfalls? God. 

Do you go up, say something like 'that was hard' even though you did it without dabbing, so you turn around and do it again.... Taddy-style God.

The ride I went on last week with Stevethe, I did sweep almost all day. 

It sucked.

The squids did not follow the rules, got lost, took their helmets off every chance they could, stopped and talked, did'nt give hand signals, didn't heed the riders behind them, didn't know where the riders were behind them, etc.

We took them on grade 5 (out of 10) squid filters, and everyone made it, without any real drama.

So, once we get them to understand that this is a 'GROUP' ride, and they need to keep up mentally and spiritually, more than physically, so we don't have to baby sit them, they will be invited back on more rides.  

Not everyone rides at the same level. That's not the problem.  It's that every rider needs to be equally considerate and aware, and keep up with the program.

I didn't have to ride the sweep position, but I could see that we would be worse off, sending out endless seach parties for the brain-dead ones, if I didn't.

I did pass everyone on the fireroad on the way back that I could, until we ran out of road.......that was satisfying, even if no one else knew we were 'racing'. .......

I DIGRESS

I thought out of 11 riders they did pretty well. It was my street riding buddy on the KTM 500 that got a little lost. Everyone made it up the hills which was good. Drinkwater_zpse6eafeb3.jpg

• beezer

Posted September 26, 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'm jealous.

Most of my buddies ride the couch these days so I'm on my own.

Isn't the dust a problem out there with the drought you're having?

• GP1K

Posted September 26, 2014 - 11:50 AM

In So. Cal. you might enjoy both using your skills and H. P. We have our ex riders coming down from Nevada, Washington and all over.
Anyone considering a vacation or a trip to So. Cal. come on down. I will personally show you the best stuff.

While I certainly appreciate the invite, when I read stuff like "Remember this is a riders ride so a 450 is best or you gotta be real real good." I have to just shake my head and laugh. But then I took a few moments to try and think what exactly that would look like. As in, what kind of terrain would it take for the bike to truly matter more than rider, and where a 250F would actually struggle vs a 450? And I came up with 4 scenarios: (1) Wide-open flat-out desert. (2) Deep sand and lots of it. (3) A huge monster hill that just goes straight up up up and you just aim your bike at it, pin it, and hang on. (4)  Fast smooth groomed fire roads

So any of those scenarios what you're talking about? I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm seriously struggling to think of anywhere other than what I described where a 250F would ever be a limiting factor?

• stevethe

Posted September 26, 2014 - 01:10 PM

While I certainly appreciate the invite, when I read stuff like "Remember this is a riders ride so a 450 is best or you gotta be real real good." I have to just shake my head and laugh. But then I took a few moments to try and think what exactly that would look like. As in, what kind of terrain would it take for the bike to truly matter more than rider, and where a 250F would actually struggle vs a 450? And I came up with 4 scenarios: (1) Wide-open flat-out desert. (2) Deep sand and lots of it. (3) A huge monster hill that just goes straight up up up and you just aim your bike at it, pin it, and hang on. (4) Fast smooth groomed fire roads

So any of those scenarios what you're talking about? I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm seriously struggling to think of anywhere other than what I described where a 250F would ever be a limiting factor?

Venture out to So Cal. there are lots of hills this way. Some about 1,000 feet high. Lots of the trails have hills in them. Mostly between the desert and the pine trees.
For the most part there is no pin it and make the stuff I'm talking about. If that was the case anyone could do it. You have to have some rider skills. Defenitly other stuff out here that a 250 would do fine. There is loads of very technical terrain in So. Cal.

• Jonesy11

Posted September 26, 2014 - 03:52 PM

While I certainly appreciate the invite, when I read stuff like "Remember this is a riders ride so a 450 is best or you gotta be real real good." I have to just shake my head and laugh. But then I took a few moments to try and think what exactly that would look like. As in, what kind of terrain would it take for the bike to truly matter more than rider, and where a 250F would actually struggle vs a 450? And I came up with 4 scenarios: (1) Wide-open flat-out desert. (2) Deep sand and lots of it. (3) A huge monster hill that just goes straight up up up and you just aim your bike at it, pin it, and hang on. (4) Fast smooth groomed fire roads

Bring a 250f out here to SoCal and I'll show you it's tight technical with open sprints through big whoops then over some big hills. But if your ever out here on a 250f. Pm me and I'll show you a epic ride.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

WR450F Supermoto, Old vs New? by MtnDrew

• Hot  27 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.