My WR450 25 pound trim off...

Yamaha WR450F

434 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:33 PM

$1500 and I'm on my way.  You get it, I'll be there.

I wanna ride tight woods.  Where are we meeting ?  I think a WR450F get together would be a great thing.

Nope. Not  'tighty-whitey-whimpy-woodsey'. 

We will ride typical  So Cal high elevation terrain.

We can do Los Padres National Forest.  Lots of trees there, and all the trails are marked and simple (tee hee). 

No 'ringer' trails, no 'lets loose him in the forest' crap. Real marked trails. 

I suggest you start saving your nickles, as we are not going to let up until you come out and ride real terrain.

Then you will see that all this focus on the 'parts' is going to mean very little, in the long run. 

IMG_0995_zps8e863fc2.jpgIMG_0770_zps165e604a.jpgIMG_0766_zps99ddb88f.jpg1658171_846872551996584_538519254_o_zps2IMG_0682_zpsa332dd79.jpg51212LPNF030_zps8ad3aada.jpg51212LPNF027_zpsbb681ad7.jpgIMG_0275.jpg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:36 PM

Figures.  Shite got real and people blink.

Seriously, lets get together.   I'm due for a road trip.  I'll bring along 3 or 4 other riders.  Lets ride, compare notes, share beer and have some fun.

Its going to cost me a lot of fuel to pull my 5er and haul the bikes.   Where and when ?

Lets call it the mid life crisis get together.

Don't make it so complicated.

One bike, one Pick up, and go.

• revelc

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:37 PM

Figures. Shite got real and people blink.

Seriously, lets get together. I'm due for a road trip. I'll bring along 3 or 4 other riders. Lets ride, compare notes, share beer and have some fun.

Its going to cost me a lot of fuel to pull my 5er and haul the bikes. Where and when ?

Lets call it the mid life crisis get together.

I think that would be a hoot. I hope some of you have a chance to. People are completely different in person than they are on forums.

Does anyone have passenger pegs? I wanna come too haha.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Get it out.  Talk is cheap.

It's out and straight to the squid filter for you.

• stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:41 PM

How about we all get along and fund me getting a bike?

Seriously.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Any insurance news yet.

• stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:47 PM

By the way the guy with the bored out 125 and the 250 rider may have trouble getting to the riding area I am thinking about. So maybe you'll have to bring some big boy riders. Unless of course they truly are just that good.

• revelc

Posted September 23, 2014 - 05:56 PM

Any insurance news yet.

We are supposed to get a final word from Progressive this week. I'm staying as positive as possible and enjoying the extra time with my family.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:15 PM

It's out and straight to the squid filter for you.

Whats a squid filter ?

Ok, so put the funds in one of those crowd sourcing things.   Pick a tight woods venue.  That is, after all, what I ride.  Everyone brings their WR.  No violence.  No bad behavior.  No guns.  GP1K rides a stock CRF 230.  I get the funds upon showing up with my bike.  We ride, we have fun.

Any chance we could bring Shane Watts into this and do some training ?

I'm dead serious.  Would love to meet you guys and ride with you.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:16 PM

By the way the guy with the bored out 125 and the 250 rider may have trouble getting to the riding area I am thinking about. So maybe you'll have to bring some big boy riders. Unless of course they truly are just that good.

I'm bringing him and his bikes.  He has been riding tight woods for 20 years.  I think he'll be OK.

• stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:18 PM

I'm bringing him and his bikes.  He has been riding tight woods for 20 years.  I think he'll be OK.

Is this one of your buds

Edited by stevethe, September 23, 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:21 PM

We are supposed to get a final word from Progressive this week. I'm staying as positive as possible and enjoying the extra time with my family.

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Ah good. Seems like it should be covered. You may want to get a copy of the policy and read it as well.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:22 PM

Let me know when the crowd funding is set up and we can talk.   Until then, its just people being brave behind a keyboard.

• stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:26 PM

Whats a squid filter ?

Ok, so put the funds in one of those crowd sourcing things.   Pick a tight woods venue.  That is, after all, what I ride.  Everyone brings their WR.  No violence.  No bad behavior.  No guns.  GP1K rides a stock CRF 230.  I get the funds upon showing up with my bike.  We ride, we have fun.

Ass licker 1 & 2 in Lone Tree Cyn. makes a good squid filter. But that might be mean. There is even the original squid filter in Jawbone cyn. but once again it could be mean.

Edited by stevethe, September 23, 2014 - 06:28 PM.

• stevethe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:46 PM

Let me know when the crowd funding is set up and we can talk.   Until then, its just people being brave behind a keyboard.

Think the most we could do is a cold Margarita if you and your buds can make it to the riding area and your new name is P.T.R.

• revelc

Posted September 23, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Let me know when the crowd funding is set up and we can talk. Until then, its just people being brave behind a keyboard.

Just do what I do. Get a TDI Jetta with a hitch. It pulls a small trailer with a few bikes just fine. Over 30 mpg towing helps keep money in the wallet ;)

2014 WRR-R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:42 PM

Whats a squid filter ?

What, you expect us to fund your entire trip?

Not gonna happen.

We are just trying to open your eyes to the realities of real riding.

Not 20 sec hill climbs up a slippery wooded hill.

A squid filter is a trail that tells all those around you just what kind of rider you are, in a matter of minutes.

It lets everyone know what kind of ride can be expected from that point forward, and possibly splinter rides will result for those who don't want to sit and wait, or help you through tough sections. 

Not so much that if you can or can't do it, but how you react to real trail issues. 

This is not to pass judgement, but to set the tone for all around you so they know what to expect.

The ride is for everyone, not just one person.

Do you down shift and paddle and fail? Squid.

Do you throw the bike away as it gets steep? Squid.

Do you moan and bitch when you fall, and whine for help? Squid.

If you get pinned under the bike, do you panic? Squid.

Do you worry more about the anodized garbage getting scratch than how you are holding up the group? Squid.

Do you upshif and stand up? Baller.

Do you wheelie up the waterfalls? God. 

Do you go up, say something like 'that was hard' even though you did it without dabbing, so you turn around and do it again.... Taddy-style God.

The ride I went on last week with Stevethe, I did sweep almost all day. 

It sucked.

The squids did not follow the rules, got lost, took their helmets off every chance they could, stopped and talked, did'nt give hand signals, didn't heed the riders behind them, didn't know where the riders were behind them, etc.

We took them on grade 5 (out of 10) squid filters, and everyone made it, without any real drama.

So, once we get them to understand that this is a 'GROUP' ride, and they need to keep up mentally and spiritually, more than physically, so we don't have to baby sit them, they will be invited back on more rides.  

Not everyone rides at the same level. That's not the problem.  It's that every rider needs to be equally considerate and aware, and keep up with the program.

I didn't have to ride the sweep position, but I could see that we would be worse off, sending out endless seach parties for the brain-dead ones, if I didn't.

I did pass everyone on the fireroad on the way back that I could, until we ran out of road.......that was satisfying, even if no one else knew we were 'racing'. .......

I DIGRESS

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, September 23, 2014 - 07:46 PM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Is this one of your buds

I think we can all agree that those are super gnarly and technical hill climbs in that video and a clear case of bike, not rider, as the core issue.  Tell me that's not a spoof.

This thread is just getting weird now, yet (and therefore) I can't look away.  Hey, if I come to CA to ride, do I get a free margarita as well?

BTW, I would still honestly like to see some pictures of the MLCG fenderless woods weapon!  I mean it.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 09:21 PM

Blah, blah, blah.   Same old, same old.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 23, 2014 - 09:32 PM

Blah, blah, blah.   Same old, same old.

Ah, the diversion, and surrender. 

Didn't take long.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 09:46 PM

Ah, the diversion, and surrender. 

Didn't take long.

Lets see some money !  Where is the Gold Card ?  People were all talk about wanting to see my bike and me ride, so lets do it !  I got nothing to hide !

While we are at it, in case you missed it, I have a tight woods bike, not a desert bike.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Washington

The Teanaway is no BS! by Nuklhed

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.