2014 YZ450F suspension springs

45 replies to this topic
  • jc6711

Posted October 23, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Cool, thanks. Looks like I'm stiff on both ends and gonna have to save some money for some springs this winter.

• Goforaride

Posted September 14, 2014 - 10:08 PM

We did a bit more shock testing yesterday, mainly with sag settings.
It is amazing that we were able to get all the way to 120mm before I was starting to lose the front end.
My new "sweet spot" is 116, traction got that much better and cornering improved a bit also. I find that it stays in the ruts better being a bit lower.
The fork tubes were raised another 5mm to balance out.
This bike just got that much better!
I rode a friends with all the stock settings and almost couldn't ride it, he is all dialed in now to and very happy with the new yam.

so is this set up still what is producing the best handling? Looks like 112 -116 sag and 5-9 mm up on the forks?

• wes513v

Posted January 01, 2015 - 08:41 AM

Just picked up a 15 450 and was pondering a link for it. It made a noticeable difference on my Kawi and I'm guessing it will on the Yam too. My question is how much will that change the recommended spring rate when I get the suspension done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Monk

Posted January 01, 2015 - 08:45 AM

Just picked up a 15 450 and was pondering a link for it. It made a noticeable difference on my Kawi and I'm guessing it will on the Yam too. My question is how much will that change the recommended spring rate when I get the suspension done?

What do you weigh?

• wes513v

Posted January 01, 2015 - 09:41 AM

• JS264

Posted January 02, 2015 - 05:46 PM

The links suck, I tried it.  Makes the head angle too choppered out and makes it push. 

Get the subframe lowered 25mm and run 100-105mm sag for good handling. 

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.