What do you guys think about race No's on woods ridden bikes?

34 replies to this topic
  • beezer

Posted September 12, 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't run numbers even when I race.  I prefer to stay anonymous

.">http://48361205-IMG_0142.jpg

• MaxPower

Posted September 13, 2013 - 12:07 AM

Running numbers on your bike if you dont compete is the easiest way to know If you are a full on poser.

• Jem450R

Posted September 13, 2013 - 01:23 AM

Running numbers on your bike if you dont compete is the easiest way to know If you are a full on poser.

complaining about other people running numbers or graphics on their bike is a sure way to know your a &%$#@!

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted September 13, 2013 - 02:15 AM

I often see out on the trails delusional morons race stickered up, who can barely pick up there bike when they fall off, I reckon running numbers is privellege earned. ROOSTA out

Weird...  either you're serious or trollin.. either way weird.  Who cares? Hey some guys just like to put numbers or graphics just to make their bike look better.. That's cool to me.  Bikes look good with or without numbers or graphics... just a part of riding ..showing a little expression with your bike..That's cool to me. I like looking at a well kept bike .. It doesn't matter if you know how to ride or not. There's always someone better and worse than you. 

• DirtRider500R

Posted September 13, 2013 - 02:27 AM

What's wrong with race numbers and decals? Worse off it the guy who unloads a goofy looking stickered up 96 RM 125 and lays the smack down on you through the trees...Or a guy with a licence plate and blinkers hits the horn when he sneaks up behind you.... Ever had someone honk a horn when their behind you on the trail?

Years ago I was riding the trails with my dad. A local guy -mid 20's- pulled in, unloaded and started riding the trails. By the time my dad and I were done, he had lapped us three times. 

• Thinlineggman

Posted September 15, 2013 - 06:46 PM

I rode my buddies yz125 for a weekend and the only person who didn't like the racing look (its actually used for racing) was the cop that pulled my buddies and I over :p. He circled that bike 4 times after giving the other bikes a quick once over haha. Musta been looking for something illegal on it.

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted September 15, 2013 - 09:34 PM

It's just a way to have pride in your bike and make it look nice. That's all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KGSloan

Posted September 16, 2013 - 04:27 AM

i run numbers - even put a set on my WR - i usually don't race the WR450f, i have a husky TXC310r that i use for racing.  

However, brand new plastics on the WR that i wanted to keep looking nice - and the graphics help protect it all and make it look nice.  AND, if my husky should leave me hanging sometime as it's not the most reliable bike, i can hop on the WR and go right into the local hare scrambles. 

my guess is ROOSTA would be struggling through the amateur class, but talking shit, like he's a boss.  p dang lame

• fixitandy

Posted September 16, 2013 - 04:44 AM

Say no more you have an unreliable Pus-ky that u would choose to race & keep, you are as sharp as a bowling ball ROOSTA out & owning you mate!

• Monk

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:19 AM

Say no more you have an unreliable Pus-ky that u would choose to race & keep, you are as sharp as a bowling ball ROOSTA out & owning you mate!

Whats a Pusky?

• ohiocoalminer

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:23 AM

Am i supposed to take my duct taped on transponder off when im on the trail ,roosta?? Btw , if a kid on a jr50 or an old guy on a scorpa x-ride wants numbers ,stivkers,or custom graphics on their bike its none of your business . My guess is you are a jealous armpit rider on an old xr100

• fixitandy

Posted September 16, 2013 - 05:26 AM

Whats a Pusky?

You know what pus is right?

• Monk

Posted September 16, 2013 - 06:10 AM

You know what pus is right?

No

• darren013

Posted September 16, 2013 - 06:41 AM

So I'm guessing you were out riding and seen someone with your number on there bike and they were much better than you but they don't race and your throwing a temper tantrum online?

Who gives a $hit what anyone puts one there bike!!
Mind your own Buisness and ride on!!

Life's to short to worry about what others may or may not be doing

• fixitandy

Posted September 16, 2013 - 03:50 PM

So I'm guessing you were out riding and seen someone with your number on there bike and they were much better than you but they don't race and your throwing a temper tantrum online?
Who gives a $hit what anyone puts one there bike!!
Mind your own Buisness and ride on!!
Life's to short to worry about what others may or may not be doing

No Darren, I don't run No's so no hissy fit, but I will take on your advice, it's about the riding, nothing else should matter, so I'm gonna alter my perspective on this one & just let it go through to catcher, thanks coach! ROOSTA out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.