'08 YZ450F carb issues

2 replies to this topic
  • Knowledge seeker

Posted September 10, 2013 - 12:21 PM

I'm posting in behalf of a buddy of mine. His engine went south so while he was fixing it he did a 500cc conversion on it. He can't seem to jet it right although I keep pointing out some of his conflicting adjustments but anyways here it goes. He can't seem to find the right pilot 'cause when he starts to open the fuel screw all the way out the bike's RPM would not change so he started to increase the pilot size up to 3 or more sizes & the bike is behaving the same way. Then he points out that he needs to keep the sliding needle clip all the way in the top groove so the bike doesn't sputter as much. He has gone around this for a long time to the point he doesn't know how to get any ballpark settings. Can anyone give us some starting directions to work from?. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Roger

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2013 - 01:35 PM

http://www.thumperta...b/#entry2289879

• Knowledge seeker

Posted September 10, 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.