WR450F 2013 Wont Run After A minute

45 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted October 07, 2013 - 02:26 PM

What terrain do you ride in? I am in tight woods a lot. Weight is my only worry, what do you think? I want the magic button and do not want a KTM.

The WR450F kick starts like a 2 stroke. Ditch the magic button, lop 20 pounds off it and go for it. Its an awesome bike in it modified form.

• mattpann

Posted October 14, 2013 - 06:39 PM

My 2012 service manual on page 9-42 says

"Lean angle sensor output voltage
0.4-1.4 (upright)
3.7-4.4 (overturned)"

This is probably why my voltage divider didn't work. It would have output a voltage of about 2.5 volts.

It Has to be between 1.4v and 3.7v les than 1.4 means left side is low. Greater Than 3.7v is right side over it means you voltage supplied to computer should be between 1.4 v and 3.7v my reg is putting out about 3.2v and it works

• nbrooks

Posted January 14, 2014 - 09:32 PM

Does the 2012 WR450 have an engine hour meter built into the stock enduro computer? If so, how to access it? Wanting to know total engine hours on the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cassinova90

Posted January 14, 2014 - 10:30 PM

Does the 2012 WR450 have an engine hour meter built into the stock enduro computer? If so, how to access it? Wanting to know total engine hours on the bike.

GYTR power tuner will give you the total run hours... You can also clear them

• Navaho6

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:01 PM

The WR450F kick starts like a 2 stroke. Ditch the magic button, lop 20 pounds off it and go for it. Its an awesome bike in it modified form.

Yeah, but the button is nice when your starting and stopping a lot or when you're tire.  I just can't part with mine.  I believe I trimmed about 11 - 12 pounds off mine without ditching the e-start. 

YHGeorge, You can come over to Central LA and ride mine in the piney woods.  I love it.  Yes, you feel the weight as you do with any other 4-stroke but it's not too bothersome because the suspension does a great job.

• Navaho6

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:04 PM

No, it's in the ecu and you can read it with the Power Tuner but a good hour meter is cheap and more convenient.  I put a Hardline on mine day 1.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.