POWER UP KIT

2 replies to this topic
  • JESSEJJ

Posted December 25, 2003 - 04:00 PM

i HAVE THE PARTS FOR THE POWER UP. IM JUST WONDERING IF IT IS HARD TO DO, OR WHAT KIND OF ADJUSTMENT NEED TO BE MADE AFTER I PUT IN ALL THE JETS, NEEDLE , PILOT SCREW, AND INTAKE MANIFOLD. i LOVE THE WAY THAT SHE RIDES NOW, AND I WANT IT TO BE THE SAME WITH JUST MORE POWER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR INPUT. THANK YOU.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smashinz2002

Posted December 25, 2003 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, I'll help ya out.
You'll need the following parts:
40mm exhaust tip
40mm intake boot
175 main jet (use below 1000')
Competition jet needle and jet (middle clip position no.3)
You'll need to REMOVE the following parts:
Stock exhaust tip
Stock intake boot
Airbox rubber snorkel
Airbox baffle plate (rear of airbox, plastic plate)
Remove stock main jet, jet needle and jet
All of the changes must be done together to get the results you need, which is more power. yes, it's somewhat hard to take the carb apart if you havent done it before. Go slow, be careful of small parts. Best advice, GET a Honda Shop Manual!
Notes: Don't mess with the air screw
Leave the stock pilot jet alone, unless you think
the bike is too hard to start, or runs too hot at
low speeds. (I left mine stock, and it's fine)
With the power up kit correctly installed, the bike will have a LOT more power than stock condition. Basically what youre going to get is massive amounts of low end, an even more impressive mid-range, and then fading fast as the revs climb.
There will be enough acceleration to rip your shorts off if you wick it open hard at low to medium revs.
Totally stock the bike is lame and boring, so POWER IT UP!

• big t

Posted December 26, 2003 - 06:35 AM

I just got mine uncorked about a week and a half ago. It's sweet! It makes a big difference.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.