What did you do to your Beta today ?

offworlder

With a tip of the hat to a similar thread on the ADV forum, what did you do to yer beloved Beta today ?

I spooned on a fresh MT43 (yum !) and attempted to bump up to a 50 tooth in the rear. I was disappointed to discover the chain was not long enough to accommodate the 50 tooth :( - and had to revert to the heavily worn stock 48 tooth sprocket.

As my chain still has plenty o' life in it, I'll order me up a IronMan 48 tooth, and bump to the 50 when the chain needs replacin' .

I'll tell you what, the Race Tech oil is some really slippery stuff. Expensive but well worth the dough. If you have the 45mm Marzocchi's it takes about 600cc per leg or 100mm. As far as Brake pads I like the EBS Red Organic. Easy on the discs and great brake modulation. The drawback is that they don't last as long as the sintered ones.

Thanks Chris, They are 48 mm Sachs on mine. It would be nice to have an exploded view of them but can't seem to find one anywhere. I should be able to get some Race Tech oil from the suspension guy around the corner.

Last page

http://www.americanbeta.com/sites/default/files/images/partsbooks/2012_SHIVER_48_40_Manuale_ED00_2012_12_18_00.pdf

Not all advertised weights are the same. Find the same tested weight to brands so you don't need to reset your settings for the same performance.

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/index.php?title=Suspension_Fluid

Edited by weantright

Oil and filter change. Motul 300V 15-60, Transoil Expert. Checked air filter, went through all my bags, new rear tire Kenda Trackmaster 110/100-18, flipped front tire over Kenda Trackmaster 80/100-21, lubed chain, changed gearing from 14/48 to 13/48 for single track ride Saturday.

Ready for the next flogging!

Edited by ballisticexchris

Initial break in oil service, re sprung for my size and race tech gold valves. Cleaned air filter. Quick little rip around the lot and I was in awe. First bike I have ever had sprung for me and I will never own another bike without it being done. Tomorrow will be awesome. Rain most of the day

• Like 3

I went riding.  :ride:  We didn't go real hard but we didn't stop much..My buddy took his 01 cr 250 and I had my 09' 525 RS... 2 guys and we had a good rain so we were slipping around here and there and had  a couple of flops on some slippery hills. ..just picking up your bike can tire us out a little. I had a nice hand cramp driving home. ..but it was a great session.  10AM to 2PM..and not stopping much.. good one!! ?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Trashed the shit out of mine today. Steep, massive, rock gardens. Flipped and launched the poor thing more times than I can count. As an added bonus I broke the right foot peg, banged up my sweet LEO Vince muffler and cracked the end cap. I was wondering how come my toes hurt so much at the end of the ride. LOL

I took this bagged up beast up some stuff that would have me crying on my 300. FWIW Even after flipping it and dropping it numerous times, it fired right up each and every time!

• Like 4

Trashed the shit out of mine today. Steep, massive, rock gardens. Flipped and launched the poor thing more times than I can count. As an added bonus I broke the right foot peg, banged up my sweet LEO Vince muffler and cracked the end cap. I was wondering how come my toes hurt so much at the end of the ride. LOL

I took this bagged up beast up some stuff that would have me crying on my 300. FWIW Even after flipping it and dropping it numerous times, it fired right up each and every time!

Good thing you had all those bags.. That probably protected the bike a little..   breaking off the footpeg!!!! OUCH!!!