Triple Clamp Rec

4 replies to this topic
  • Kritter

Posted December 25, 2003 - 12:37 PM

Just picked up some oversize bars and need to get a triple clamp....any recommendations?

• qadsan

Posted December 25, 2003 - 01:05 PM

BRP makes the tripels for Scotts and they can do custom work for you if you need the bars a little father forward, etc. Also look on Ebay cause sometimes you'll find some killer deals there. There used to be a guy blowing out XR650R triple clamps for Pro Tapers on Ebay, but I haven't seen him in a while. I once saw a new set of XR650R triple clamps for Pro Tapers sell for less than $5. Most of the triple clamps I seen selling went for around $50 to $100. If you're tall, then you'll really like a triple clamp/mount that raises the bars and pushes them forward like the Scotts/BRP clamp setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ODSC1

Posted December 26, 2003 - 04:59 PM

I bought one of the Pro Taper triple clamps off of ebay in early December for $59.99. Now I'm just trying to decide what bend of Pro Taper bar to get.

XR650R Pro Taper top clamp on ebay,

• XR/CRDave

Posted December 26, 2003 - 06:25 PM

I second the BRP triple clamps

• irondude

Posted December 26, 2003 - 09:22 PM

My BRP uppers's sucked. (But i am a very negative person)
No-really. Two of the bolts broke while pre-running Baja-and the clamp anodizing was so thick the thing was out of tolerance, and nothing lined up right. I've also tried the Applied uppers, but there are some issues with steering dampners on the model i've got.
It would be worth remembering that different steering dampners have issues with different uppers. If you plan to run a dampner now or in the future its worth making sure they are easily compatable with whatever uppers you end up with. I found this out the expensive way. If i was doing it all over again (and i might) i would call GPR and ask them what works with their 2nd gen damner, and go from there.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.