Exhaust upgrade

9 replies to this topic
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted December 24, 2003 - 12:08 PM

I am looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my 03 WR450 and was looking for input from everyone.I do have to deal with 96db limit. I am looking for improved performance over stock unit. Any input or advise on what to use or what not to buy would be appreciated.

• sjw

Posted December 24, 2003 - 01:11 PM

FMF Q works great!!!

• BEAN329

Posted December 24, 2003 - 10:09 PM

I'm looking for a replacement header pipe. Mine has quite a few dents in it. Is that cherry bomb thing any good.

• Poway Rider

Posted December 25, 2003 - 09:44 AM

I've got a Pro Circuit 496 - great pipe with comparable power to the stock without the plug.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted December 25, 2003 - 10:32 PM

What is the db level on the Pro Circuit? I have heard (pardon the pun) that they are a little loud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted December 26, 2003 - 07:56 AM

I have the FMF Q pipe on my 450. It installed easy and has been no problem. It sound tested at 94.5db when new. Other pipes are suppose to be easier to repack.

• Poway Rider

Posted December 26, 2003 - 07:57 AM

Pro Circuit makes several different pipes for the WR450. Mine is the 496, which is their 96 dB pipe. It's great.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted December 26, 2003 - 10:05 AM

thanks for the replies,count on Thumper Talk for getting some good advise.

• David_W

Posted December 26, 2003 - 11:32 AM

I have a CRD Performance pipe, which is pretty quiet at 91db. I'm in the UK and noise is a very big issue over here right now. Bike has been rejetted to suit the exhaust (with airbox lid removed too) and there are pretty strong gains right through the rev range.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted December 26, 2003 - 05:03 PM

:confused:Question, All you who have upgraded your exhaust. I have been to my local shops and they dont have a listing for the WR450 like in the FMF catalog. They have a listing for the YZ450 is it the same exhaust? Does Pro circut carry a USFS type muffler?
Figured it out. Finally went to FMF's online site and found part no. for my local Yamaha shop to order with.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.