2 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted December 24, 2003 - 07:57 AM

Just wandering about the forks. Can you raise and lower them for different handling characteristics. When I took them off to lube the steering head bearings I didn't notice any lines at the top of the forks like my 400. My fork boots wouldn't let them go any higher and I haven't had time to loosen them up yet to see about sliding the forks up a little higher.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted December 24, 2003 - 09:52 AM

Yes, you sure can. Raising them will allow the bike to be more responsive in corners, but at the expense of high speed stability. It's just a matter of playing around with different heights to find what works best for you.

• big t

Posted December 24, 2003 - 03:20 PM

Thanks. I figured I could move them I just haven't had time to move the fork boots. I'm willing to lose some high speed stability to get better corning at slower speeds.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.