I have to ask...

2 replies to this topic
  • Ride-n-Hard

Posted August 28, 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yes, I know but....I thought I'd ask anyways?

So what weight engine oil are you guys using in the later year wr450's? And no I'm not starting a brand war since I and every one has there favorite oils. If you would like to add the brand great but its not a brand war.

Being in SoCal, the heat is more prominate here and since the manual covers such a large range of weights I thought I'd ask. For my te310 I'm using a 20-50 and thought I'd stay with that however the wr might like a different weight instead. Has anyone noticed and side effects with a 20-50 oil?

Oh, ya....be kind(g)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted August 28, 2013 - 05:49 PM

here it goes from frost at night up to plus 30 (Celsius) in the day at times so I use 10w40 (specifically synthetic ipone) in just about everything. I would say the 20w50 would be good. maybe 20w40 or 15w40 would help cover those "cold" days in cali.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 28, 2013 - 09:46 PM

I use what's on sale by the gallon at the outdoor motorcycle swapmeets. 

Usually 20/50 spectro or Motul 5000 or higher

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.