2011 450 no start and quits

4 replies to this topic
  • Haychasdad

Posted August 27, 2013 - 03:44 PM

Bike quite running has spark fuel system is cleaned I am at a loss it starts runs a few seconds then quits then will not start where do I start??

• Haychasdad

Posted August 28, 2013 - 02:54 PM

nothing???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rangerclass7sx

Posted August 28, 2013 - 04:48 PM

checking your valves clearences

• mwmx54

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:54 PM

plugged fuel filter. loose electrical connection. mine did the same thing though, cleaned fuel pump filter and ran great for 5-6 hours then the pump died. look at my past posts for detailed info on the fuel filter.

• yzdaddy

Posted August 30, 2013 - 04:33 PM

I had 09 did the same thing only sometimes I could take off on it might run fine for 15 min. or so backfire and quit. The very last thing i checked was kill switch and it was a pinched wire going down the handle bars. Had to have come from the factory pinched, and i know of a 010 had a wire under kill switch that was arcing on the bars.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.