Anyone tried one of these gauges?

4 replies to this topic
  • highmark00700

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'm looking for a digital speedometer display to street legal my 05 wr and can't decide what to get. Has anyone tried one of these new Acewell gauges? I would really like the trail tech with the gps built in but don't want to spend that much. Functionally the Acewell looks similar to the tt vapor. I currently have a vapor on my two stroke 250 and I haven't been very happy with it. Sometimes the display just goes blank but if you push down on the screen it will light back up and disappear as soon as you let go. Anyway I'm torn on what to get for this bike. Any thoughts???

http://www.ebay.com/...f1ae5e4&vxp=mtr

Edited by highmark00700, August 26, 2013 - 04:10 PM.

• Zimman

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:41 AM

your power supply is good on your vapor ?  AKA fully charged internal batt or good external batt connections ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • highmark00700

Posted August 26, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Should be good. Fresh internal battery, no external battery on the 2-stroke. It never did it when it was new, and have never had a external power source. I just replace the internal battery as needed. It usually does it first thing in the morning. After it has been on for a while usually quits doing it. Its never taken any hits or been dropped or anything either.

• tomerb

Posted August 26, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Try unscrewing the battery cap and then fold a piece of paper to make shim to put between the cap and battery. Then reinstall battery first, then paper shim, then cap!!

Mine was doing the same as yours and this mod fixed mine.

• highmark00700

Posted August 26, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Try unscrewing the battery cap and then fold a piece of paper to make shim to put between the cap and battery. Then reinstall battery first, then paper shim, then cap!!

Mine was doing the same as yours and this mod fixed mine.

Thanks for the idea! I will give it a try this week.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.