WR450 Timbersled Mountain Horse KIT

6 replies to this topic
  • torkd14

Posted August 26, 2013 - 07:50 AM

This is my first post on the website, I currently have a 2006 YZ450 completely built for the bush. Im looking to upgrade, the new WR450's are looking awesome. Just wondering if anyone has ran a timbersled kit on one of these yet (2012/13)? Im planning on selling my sled to get into the snow bike sport. Any input would be appreciated.

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 27, 2013 - 07:01 AM

There shouldnt be anything special over any other bike fitted with it. The kit can really take up alot of power so youl probably want to de restrict the bike and get the jetting (efi maping if you wana be picky) good for the temps. and alts. youl be riding. There are some vids on youtube Ive seen of the new wr's

• Unsp0kn

Posted September 03, 2013 - 07:08 AM

This is my first post on the website, I currently have a 2006 YZ450 completely built for the bush. Im looking to upgrade, the new WR450's are looking awesome. Just wondering if anyone has ran a timbersled kit on one of these yet (2012/13)? Im planning on selling my sled to get into the snow bike sport. Any input would be appreciated.

Not the Timbersled but the 2Moto we put on one of ours last year ('12.) I think it needs to go down to a 12T countersprocket so 3rd is actually useful in a little bit of powder or climbing. I felt like I was tapping out 2nd a lot unless I was carving downhill. We just picked up a 2nd '12 and are putting a FrozenMoto kit on one, 2Moto on the other for this winter. I think when going snowbike it's useful to go race computer, tuner, exhaust, and possibly some cams to really get more out of it. I'd also go for the ST track instead of the LT mountain track on a 450.

Edited by Unsp0kn, September 03, 2013 - 07:09 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • torkd14

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Not the Timbersled but the 2Moto we put on one of ours last year ('12.) I think it needs to go down to a 12T countersprocket so 3rd is actually useful in a little bit of powder or climbing. I felt like I was tapping out 2nd a lot unless I was carving downhill. We just picked up a 2nd '12 and are putting a FrozenMoto kit on one, 2Moto on the other for this winter. I think when going snowbike it's useful to go race computer, tuner, exhaust, and possibly some cams to really get more out of it. I'd also go for the ST track instead of the LT mountain track on a 450.

That Frozen moto kit your talking about looks pretty cool. I hadn't heard of one until you mentioned it. Have you tried a Timbersled Kit to compare with the 2moto or Frozen Moto? I ride a lot of back country in the B.C rockies so im just looking for the one that suits that terrain.

• Unsp0kn

Posted September 03, 2013 - 11:46 AM

That Frozen moto kit your talking about looks pretty cool. I hadn't heard of one until you mentioned it. Have you tried a Timbersled Kit to compare with the 2moto or Frozen Moto? I ride a lot of back country in the B.C rockies so im just looking for the one that suits that terrain.

I've ridden all three. I think the FrozenMoto is the best, most versatile of the three. I know the guy behind the project (Dan) and he is very passionate about it and they have spent tons of time tuning the new kit setup for this year. I rode the Timbersled LT setup and it did great in the deep powder, but didn't turn as well as the 2Moto. I love the way the 2Moto carves and it feels a lot like a dirtbike that you can lay over and about drag an elbow, but I also like how the FrozenMoto and Timbersled were a little more stable, floated better in the powder and could climb things easier. All of them are sketchy on the trails above 30-35mph, but you sort of get used it it and don't ride too fast cuz it will throw you off eventually.

I think the FrozenMoto is what we will end up with on both bikes. The 2Moto is a good setup though for spring riding and is very nimble, but the new FM kit should be too.

• torkd14

Posted September 03, 2013 - 03:41 PM

I've ridden all three. I think the FrozenMoto is the best, most versatile of the three. I know the guy behind the project (Dan) and he is very passionate about it and they have spent tons of time tuning the new kit setup for this year. I rode the Timbersled LT setup and it did great in the deep powder, but didn't turn as well as the 2Moto. I love the way the 2Moto carves and it feels a lot like a dirtbike that you can lay over and about drag an elbow, but I also like how the FrozenMoto and Timbersled were a little more stable, floated better in the powder and could climb things easier. All of them are sketchy on the trails above 30-35mph, but you sort of get used it it and don't ride too fast cuz it will throw you off eventually.

I think the FrozenMoto is what we will end up with on both bikes. The 2Moto is a good setup though for spring riding and is very nimble, but the new FM kit should be too.

Right on, thanks for the info. I'll look around and see if I can find a dealer near by that brings in the FM kit. I'd like to get a good look at one in person.

• Unsp0kn

Posted September 05, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Right on, thanks for the info. I'll look around and see if I can find a dealer near by that brings in the FM kit. I'd like to get a good look at one in person.

They did something right with this new kit, the first 100 or so are already sold.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.