WR450F Fuel Petcock Valve for 2006 YZ450F

6 replies to this topic
  • wweagleflyer

Posted August 23, 2013 - 10:34 AM

I have a 2006 YZ450F, and I would like to get a reserve on my fuel tank.  Does anyone know if the WR450 petcock valve will bolt into my 2006 yZ tank?  I notice that the WR valve changed part numbers from 2006 to 2007 and my guess is that the 2007+ WR part number might be compatible.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

• wweagleflyer

Posted August 27, 2013 - 10:26 AM

No one has done this?  I know I can get a larger tank for trail riding, but I ride both trails and MX and don't want the larger tank.  Just want to have some warning when I am getting low on fuel.

Thanks

• YzFoFiddy

Posted August 27, 2013 - 10:56 AM

On my 2007 yz450f I have a petcock off a 2009 wr450f, so it will work I know that for a fact.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wweagleflyer

Posted August 27, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Thank you, that is very helpful.

• rjcook450

Posted August 27, 2013 - 04:56 PM

I have 08 450f and wanted extra range, but like you i race mx, but also ride desert and trails, didn't want a larger tank, so i went with this option and really like it for those longer rides with some enduro guys i ride with.

http://www.rockymoun...liary-Fuel-Tank

• wweagleflyer

Posted August 28, 2013 - 10:06 AM

That extra tank in an interesting idea.  Two questions.

1.  How much fuel does it hold.  I must be blind as I can't find anywhere in the link you posted a reference to fuel capacity, just overall dimensions.

2.  How quickly can you take it on and off?

Thanks

• rjcook450

Posted August 31, 2013 - 03:55 AM

They have a .8 and a 1.3 gallon tank, mounts where front number plate is, has siphon kit to pull fuel from aux tank first into main tank thru vent hose, or you can hard cap it and pull tank off and pour in, nice if you are sharing with other bikes. takes about 10mins maybe to install and remove if even that long.

Dimensions: 10"x9.5"x4.75"

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.