Mileage on a 2012 wr 450 with stock tank

4 replies to this topic
  • XMXZX

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Just curious what people are getting out of a tank of gas. Still only have 100 miles on mine and not sure how far I can go before I have to fill up. Thanks

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted August 22, 2013 - 10:38 PM

I road a day of single track and with the "map 9" installed I got about 36 miles to low fuel light. After checking the plug w about 5 hourson the bike, I can see it was a bit rich. The plug was a bit darker then it should be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cwallershasta

Posted August 23, 2013 - 05:19 AM

55 miles to a tank, less if I'm riding a lot of sand. I've always had desert tanks, but I cant see adding anymore wieght to this bike. So I carry a stainless bottle that gives me an extra ten.

• GP1K

Posted August 26, 2013 - 11:31 AM

I road a day of single track and with the "map 9" installed I got about 36 miles to low fuel light. After checking the plug w about 5 hourson the bike, I can see it was a bit rich. The plug was a bit darker then it should be.

This is about what I'm getting too. I'm also running 'map 9' or pretty close to it, I've backed off on the fuel a tad. Just installed and IMS 3 gallon tank, but have yet to ride with it.

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted August 26, 2013 - 03:44 PM

I backed off the fuel as well and road basically the same stuff as last time. I went 26 miles on 0.9 gals this time. The fuel settings are all +1's and 2's now. I suspect I could go even leaner now. I had no decel back fires nor that supper snappy feel.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.