07 WR odometer / speedometer not working... sort of.

2 replies to this topic
  • scrappymcnugget

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:23 PM

I just picked up an 07 wr250f and the speedomoter / odometer isn't working.  The background lights up green, but no #'s letters or hello messagesicon1.png - boo.  I was told by the previous owner that it stopped working when the battery "bounced around and the ground wire broke" on a ride.  The ground wire is attached and bike starts up and all, just no reading on the screen.

Sorry, I'm new to the odometers and such, but my guess is the quick connect/disconnect busted something inside the module itself.  Anyone take one of these apart?  Is there a fuse inside? Has anyone had this issue before? 

Thanks in advance.  I know this is the 400+ forum, but I think the wrs all have the same module..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scooter12ga

Posted August 27, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Check your voltage when the bike is running.  I was running with a 'dead' battery and recently had a stator and/or regulator/rectifier burn out - it was hard to diagnose at first.  The bike ran, but was extremely hard to start.  The speedometer 'worked' but showed crazy speed readings and the buttons wouldn't respond.

After troubleshooting, it turned out the running voltage was only 5-6v.  The stator was reading 0.5 - 4+ ohms intermittently, so I assume that was the culprit.  I changed both the stator and the regulator, however, by replacing it with the TrailTech kit.  Starts on the first kick again, and the speedo works fine.  

This may or may not be your issue, but it's worth putting a meter on it to find out.

~Mike

• Motomike1

Posted August 27, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Mine isn't working either. I think the connection between the spacer(odometer gear) and the wheel is off.  Anyone familiar with this problem?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.