07 wr triple clamp on 05?

5 replies to this topic
  • highmark00700

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:14 PM

Will an 07 billet top triple clamp fit on an 05? I know the 07 came with 1 1/8" bars and the 05 only had 7/8" but I have some big bars I want to run anyway. Both have 48 mm forks. Are there any offset differences on the alum frame or will it bolt right up? Thanks in advance!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:23 PM

They are cast, not billet, and they are the same offset.

• JDLowrance

Posted August 19, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Sounds like he has a line on an 07 billet clamp from someone...Allied, Protaper or similar.

I do believe Krnnie is right, the offset should be 25mm for both years and the fork diameter did increase to 48mm from 46mm in 03. Not sure about fork tube spacing howerver (should be same). I tried to fit an 08 YZ top clamp to my 09 WR...it didn't fit due to 2mm diff in bore spacing for frok tubes. Earlier years should be ok.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • highmark00700

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:30 AM

Sounds like he has a line on an 07 billet clamp from someone...Allied, Protaper or similar.

I do believe Krnnie is right, the offset should be 25mm for both years and the fork diameter did increase to 48mm from 46mm in 03. Not sure about fork tube spacing howerver (should be same). I tried to fit an 08 YZ top clamp to my 09 WR...it didn't fit due to 2mm diff in bore spacing for frok tubes. Earlier years should be ok.

You're right, I have a line on a brp billet off an 07. I think I'm going to end up buying it. I guess worst case if it doesn't fit, just resale it. Thanks for the input!

• Parx_400

Posted August 20, 2013 - 01:16 PM

07 yz are wider than the 05 wr I think. They fit but you need the forks from it as they have a lip on the inside so that both sets can share the same wheel. Grey racer will know for sure but I think this is the case. 

• highmark00700

Posted August 20, 2013 - 02:02 PM

07 yz are wider than the 05 wr I think. They fit but you need the forks from it as they have a lip on the inside so that both sets can share the same wheel. Grey racer will know for sure but I think this is the case. 

The clamp is off an 07 wr and will be going on the 05 wr. After looking up part #'s from the 05 and 07 on Brp's site, the number was the same as long as you picked the same bar size so I think it will fit. I ordered the one off the 07 so next week I will be trying it out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.