2014 YZ450 Out the Door Prices?

35 replies to this topic
  • Blaster21996

Posted September 12, 2013 - 10:39 AM

You have to watch Yamaha's web site for free stuff, or you'll miss out.  The dealers won't always clue you into the program.  I bought my son's '06 new, and heard nothing about any such offers, but a fellow TT'er PM'd me the info sometime later, and shazam, a brand new Snap-On digital 3/8" torque wrench. :thumbsup:  Price one out sometime.

:lol:  Funny you mention this...I also picked up a 450 in 06...I live in Florida but order them from East Honda in Ohio....anyway..a month after I received the bike...poof... the same Snap On wrench shows up at my door...the dealer never mentioned it. BONUS! :banana:

PS: Did your battery go south yet? Mine left town about a year ago....the wrench is sitting on the bench doing nothing. :cry:

Edited by Blaster21996, September 12, 2013 - 10:40 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted September 12, 2013 - 01:38 PM

PS: Did your battery go south yet? Mine left town about a year ago....the wrench is sitting on the bench doing nothing. :cry:

Well, yeah, but they're just ordinary C cells.  :excuseme:

• Blaster21996

Posted September 12, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Well, yeah, but they're just ordinary C cells.  :excuseme:

"In a democracy, people get the government they deserve." ~Alexis de Toqueville

Thank GOD we are a REPUBLIC!

• drtrcr400

Posted October 05, 2013 - 05:39 PM

Sold my 2012 this am and picked up my 2014 this afternoon. 6995 out the door. Oh, and signed up for the Blu Cru promotion. Should have a 500 dollar debit card coming in the next few weeks. I was in disbelief until I actually loaded the bike in my truck and they let me drive away:)

• motoxjeff

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:21 AM

$8,400 out the door here in AZ.  

You have to understand that people on the east coast get bikes for cheaper, than here on the west coast.  I would 'recommend' buying in your own state if you can.  Here in AZ when you go to title your bike at DMV, they will hit you with sales tax, etc.

• motoxjeff

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Not to be nosey but can I ask what in the world you guys do for a living to have this kind of of disposable cash? Id kill to be able to drop that kind of money on a new bike. I make > 60k a year and no way could I do that.

I've financed every bike I've owned, and have never been flipped after a year of owning it.  I get a new bike every year.  All the aftermarket parts I just sell on ebay when I'm done.  I have it down to a science.   I just got a C.C. offer for 0% for 24 months.  Minimum payment of $85 a month.

Me personally I've never understood why people pay cash for a bike.  I always leverage as much money as I can....whether it be with buying houses, cars, or dirt bikes.  CASH IS KING.  Keep it in your savings!!

• drtrcr400

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Not sure if you were referring to me or not but I'm in Oregon. I was quoted the same price at Power Yamaha in Stayton. Ended up buying mine at Cottage Grove Yamaha though because that's were I've purchased my last 4 bikes.

• mikedabike

Posted October 13, 2013 - 10:08 AM

$8,400 out the door here in AZ.  

You have to understand that people on the east coast get bikes for cheaper, than here on the west coast.  I would 'recommend' buying in your own state if you can.  Here in AZ when you go to title your bike at DMV, they will hit you with sales tax, etc.

Why would you say that bikes are cheaper on the East Coast?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoxjeff

Posted October 14, 2013 - 06:23 AM

Why would you say that bikes are cheaper on the East Coast?

What people pay on the east coast and post on here compared to the west coast is about a $500 difference.  Supposedly the good guy deals in the west, or southwest are around $8000-$8400 out the door.  People on the east coast are posting well below that.  Maybe its supply and demand being that more people ride on the west coast.  

That is why I say that.

• Family Man

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:14 AM

My local California dealer, and friend, quoted me 8500-8600 otd. Sales tax and dmv fees included. He said that was there cost plus tax dmv sales, showed me the invoice of what they paid. Dont know how you guys are seeing them for less in Cali.

• mikedabike

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:52 AM

That is about 7700 plus tax and dmv. Invoice means very little these days. A lot of the dealers profit is made on the back end through incentives and such. That being said on a just released hot bike yoh can expect to pay close to list. Give it a few months and reasonable deals will be found. It is the way of the world. On the other hand never a better time to pick up a used last gen. I just bought a nice low hour 11 for 3500.

• Joe_Jet

Posted October 15, 2013 - 05:39 PM

I think some of these dealers make up the invoices they are showing you. Most motorcycle dealers are worse than used car salesmen.

Just received my $200 rebate from my purchase made in middle of September. Still waiting for Blu_Crew card.

• pomoco

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:10 PM

What do you guys think about the bike? I'm on the fence on which one to buy.

• pomoco

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:11 PM

I got mine by trading my fully costum 13 crf450 but he quoted me at 7800 before I offered the trade. I also had to throw in all stock parts and about 1200 with the CRF

How do the two bikes compare?

• Freestyle-MX-Racer

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:45 PM

How do the two bikes compare?

yz kills the crf on the track but for trails the crf kills the yz, if I could change what I did, I'd trade back for my fully moded crf

• drtrcr400

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Got home from work today and found my BluCru debit card in the mail box, loaded with $500.   Only took 23 days!  Now I can get the GYTR Flywheel, radiator cages and TM Designworks skid plate as soon as they become available.  Also ordered some new gear and a couple of extra air filters.  Love the new bike!  If your looking to buy a new Yamaha now is the time, just ask about the BluCru program.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.