Stealthy mods

6 replies to this topic
  • fixitandy

Posted August 19, 2013 - 12:40 AM

Have you ever modded your bike, not told buddies & ridden all over em, & smugly kept it to your self for evermore, I love skullduggery.

• JDLowrance

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:05 AM

Have you ever modded your bike, not told buddies & ridden all over em, & smugly kept it to your self for evermore, I love skullduggery.

The Aussies call it 'Secret Squirel".

• fixitandy

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ok, have you got any good stories or done any stuff like this? ROOSTA out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:18 AM

Do all the mods, use no stickers, keep the graphics stock.

That's what I try to do on every bike. 

Keep's em guessing.

Especially when you do a cam upgrade with a port and polish. They never sound stock though....

You can't hide a Rekluse, cause of the wierd 'take-off' noises it makes, and the lack of wheel spin, but otherwise....

Some of the used bikes I buy come with a bunch of 'junk' already added (goofy graphics,  colored anodized parts, etc), but that's ok.

• fixitandy

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:36 PM

I managed to keep my Rekluse z-start pro under wraps for 3 months, I just told em when they noticed I had better corner speed, it was the Maxxis iIT rear & S12 front, but they were too busy looking all doe-eyed at there, KTM,s they had started collecting, simple fools! Anyway that started the juices flowing & to see how Blaise' they were, grafted on a CRF steering damper, Nada! R&D bowl & flexijet, still nothing, I even put the original vortex ignition switch (which is bright yellow) on, in place of the TTR 90 on/off switch I had, again stealth. But I pushed it too far with the L/Hand rear brake set up, the gig was up, busted! Denied every thing, talked in circles, & rode rings around em. ROOSTA out.

• MaxPower

Posted August 20, 2013 - 01:38 PM

I wish I rode with you guys. When I go out I have to hear how good my friends bikes are.

• fixitandy

Posted August 22, 2013 - 03:33 AM

Have they all been brainwashed to the Euro side of the trench? All the turn coats act & talk like they've been sponsored riders by there continental selection their whole lives, & that they have never even looked at a Japanese bike let alone owned one. Incredulous! Then I see they have jap bikes for there kids, & we all want the best for our kids right! ROOSTA out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.