98 WR400 starting issue

1 reply to this topic
  • Kicker98

Posted August 17, 2013 - 10:58 AM

I have a 98 WR400 that won't start. It started before and then while riding it cut off in neutral because it didn't idle. I took the carb apart and cleaned the jets and carb. I squirt gas into the motor and try to kick start and nothing. It will backfire and will have a flame come out, where the carb would be If it was on, so I know I have compression and spark. When I kick it over there is a sound that is like water dripping from a fauset, like the buooop noise lol. It has a brand new spark plug and new oil in it. Any advice would help. Also should I put everything together and then try again?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kicker98

Posted August 17, 2013 - 07:28 PM

I took off the magneto casing and it was full of oil, I have never had that happen before so I'm guessing it's not good. I think it happens cuz the bike was layed down on it's left side. Hopefully it will fix the problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.