Need Advice! 09 YZ 450f rear wheel

4 replies to this topic
  • nahu6868

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:28 AM

I recently broke my hub and sprocket on my 09 yz 450f.  I bought an 06 yz450f used wheel set off ebay without knowing that In 09 yamaha changed the rear hub.  Since im a poor college student i cannot afford to buy a $300 rear wheel.  Could I use

06 yz450f swingarm and connect it to my 09?  Thats cheaper than buying a new wheel! Or if anyone 

has any bright idea's where i spend less than $150 i would be grateful!

• shrubitup

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:30 AM

rocky mtn sells whole wheel g force for $199 that fits 09

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:41 AM

I recently broke my hub and sprocket on my 09 yz 450f.  I bought an 06 yz450f used wheel set off ebay without knowing that In 09 yamaha changed the rear hub.  Since im a poor college student i cannot afford to buy a $300 rear wheel.  Could I use

06 yz450f swingarm and connect it to my 09?  Thats cheaper than buying a new wheel! Or if anyone 

has any bright idea's where i spend less than $150 i would be grateful!

Nope. The swingarms are different.

You should probably post this up in the YZ section.

• beezer

Posted August 16, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Have you tried to fit the wheel?  You should be able to make it work.  I've always swapped rear wheels around between bikes.

• JDLowrance

Posted August 16, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Have you tried to fit the wheel?  You should be able to make it work.  I've always swapped rear wheels around between bikes.

The 09 YZ uses a 25mm axel diameter and the 06 22mm. Don't care how big your hammer is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.