OH what a feeling.

46 replies to this topic
  • fixitandy

Posted August 17, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Righty-o-then, I see how some of you have become disillusioned & confused, the gold I am running is made by Ohlins, the Ohlin stuff that has been bandied around on this thread sounds like cheap knock off gear. ROOSTA out.

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:12 AM

Righty-o-then, I see how some of you have become disillusioned & confused, the gold I am running is made by Ohlins, the Ohlin stuff that has been bandied around on this thread sounds like cheap knock off gear. ROOSTA out.

yea like cheap Chinese knock off forks on a pit bike.

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 18, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Knowing ohlins from the sled side of things they make top of the market suspension components.

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2013 - 03:48 PM

Knowing ohlins from the sled side of things they make top of the market suspension components.

What is the sled side of things.

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 18, 2013 - 03:50 PM

What is the sled side of things.

SNOWMOBILES! 

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2013 - 03:53 PM

SNOWMOBILES!

Scared me thought I was getting ancient.

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 18, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Scared me thought I was getting ancient.

how so?

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2013 - 04:04 PM

how so?

You know out of the loop.

Elderly fart. That kind of thing.

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2013 - 04:12 PM

Actually I am enjoying Ohlins on my wr450 supermoto. Had racetech valved forks and shock prior. The Ohlins are better or maybe just set up better.

Wouldn't mind trying the same trick on my dirt wr450. But probably wouldn't find some used TTX forks for a deal. Too much green outlay.

• fixitandy

Posted August 19, 2013 - 12:29 AM

Well, I also bolted up some brand new golden forks just prior to the the shock (1ride prior) from a guy on the Bay in the states, they are the older type 48mm jobbies twin cartridge type (not TTX) bolted them up through some new 20mm offset scar clamps, also from the Bay. Just checked they had matching oil heights, clickers set as per factory, they compliment the rear beautifully, now they're bedded in it truly feels like a cheater bike, but there out there for everyone to see, the only drawback is I have to run wrap around KTM fork guards, but none of my dumb ass Euro mounted mates have picked up on it yet, but I'm always up front now so it may never happen. ROOSTA out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well, I also bolted up some brand new golden forks just prior to the the shock (1ride prior) from a guy on the Bay in the states, they are the older type 48mm jobbies twin cartridge type (not TTX) bolted them up through some new 20mm offset scar clamps, also from the Bay. Just checked they had matching oil heights, clickers set as per factory, they compliment the rear beautifully, now they're bedded in it truly feels like a cheater bike, but there out there for everyone to see, the only drawback is I have to run wrap around KTM fork guards, but none of my dumb ass Euro mounted mates have picked up on it yet, but I'm always up front now so it may never happen. ROOSTA out.

Careful the fork guards may break down on ya or leak some kind of fluids.

I use 17mm zipty triples on the dirty bike.

Edited by stevethe, August 19, 2013 - 06:00 AM.

• beezer

Posted August 19, 2013 - 11:05 AM

A guy spends some money on his scooter and is happy.

I don't see a problem with that.

• fixitandy

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks Beezer, you know the real reason I got the golden stanchions & shock because I'd always wanted em & I could simple as that. ROOSTA out.

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Beezer, you know the real reason I got the golden stanchions & shock because I'd always wanted em & I could simple as that. ROOSTA out.

Ive seen guys waste more money on graphics, paint, and other useless things so i say money well spent on something that actually does something.

• fixitandy

Posted August 19, 2013 - 07:01 PM

Cheers, big ears! ROOSTA out.

• beezer

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:38 AM

Put up a picture of the Ohlins.  They are pretty!

• YHGEORGE

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:20 AM

There is not one rider, professional or private, that I have ever seen place in the top 10 in a D37 race, that uses Ohlin products, ACCEPT for the steering damper.
There is nothing better than KYB or Showa, especially A-kit versions. 

Ohlins are like KTM's: for people who are attracted to things that are marketed as being 'advanced', and are made to look that way, but really aren't.

Except.

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted August 20, 2013 - 03:48 PM

Yes, all Scotts steering dampers are made by Ohlin.

I personally know Ohlin. He's a Vegetarian, and kind of a freak.

Just to clarify the above, we have been making the dampers here in the States since 1989-1990. Ohlins bought the company, Unic, that originally designed the dampers around that time and some were made in Sweden by Ohlins and some here. In 2002-2006 they produced more dampers there than previous years and now do not produce the original design at all. They do make the 2.0 or 2.1 damper and we have no dealings with that unit. All of the mounting hardware is produced here in California by us or in Colorado by BRP.

Thanks-

Eric

• stevethe

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:58 AM

Ohlins on my street motor scooter.

gytr277_zps7889ed6a.jpg

• beezer

Posted August 21, 2013 - 07:35 AM

That is very nice.

I'd lose my license with a bike like that in 30 seconds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.