OH what a feeling.

46 replies to this topic
  • fixitandy

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:34 AM

Always thought my modded 07 450 rear was pretty well set up & hard to better, but had a fantasy about going golden. Well I am here to tell you my brothers & sisters they are the gold medal deal. I got it set up for my weight & riding style, (as it came in the box)bolted it up, which was a pleasure in it self, in which thinking back now should have given me an insight to what I was about to experience, anywho, took it out on a 2 day ride, equipt with adjustment tools, well it s just like Jen A, got better with time, will not be touching a single thing, love that TTX, ROOSTA out.

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:57 AM

Always thought my modded 07 450 rear was pretty well set up & hard to better, but had a fantasy about going golden. Well I am here to tell you my brothers & sisters they are the gold medal deal. I got it set up for my weight & riding style, (as it came in the box)bolted it up, which was a pleasure in it self, in which thinking back now should have given me an insight to what I was about to experience, anywho, took it out on a 2 day ride, equipt with adjustment tools, well it s just like Jen A, got better with time, will not be touching a single thing, love that TTX, ROOSTA out.

You put an ohlins shock on? where did you get and how much if i may ask.

• fixitandy

Posted August 15, 2013 - 03:11 AM

Yeah mate, got em on the Bay from omniaracing racing contact Fabrizio they were $1250 to the door. ROOSTA out.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:28 AM

What the hell are you guys talking about

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:33 AM

Yeah mate, got em on the Bay from omniaracing racing contact Fabrizio they were $1250 to the door. ROOSTA out.

thats some serious dough b'y. might have to look into her a bit cause I was considering it, right. 

• 123devinzz1

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:47 AM

ohlins ttx rear shock, on a 2007 wr450f, shock works amazing without any adjustments, he bought off an ebay store called omniaracing for 1250.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 15, 2013 - 07:54 AM

The stock 2006 YZ450/250 shock sells for about $100.00 usd used, and works fantastic.

• MaxPower

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Thanks for asking Krannie. I thought I was missing something everyone else knew about and I felt stupid

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 15, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for asking Krannie. I thought I was missing something everyone else knew about and I felt stupid

I still feel stupid for not spending a thousand dollars on a rear shock. 

Guess I don't get to eat lunch with the cool kids.

• stevethe

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:42 PM

I still feel stupid for not spending a thousand dollars on a rear shock. 

Guess I don't get to eat lunch with the cool kids.

Don't feel bad it is only $1000. Hum think mine was more from fast bike industries. Besides ill invite you for lunch at Jauques in Z box.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motomike1

Posted August 15, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Don't smoke PCP and post on thumpertalk...mm'kay kids? :naughty: :naughty:

did you make a forrest gump reference? lmao :lol:

• fixitandy

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Of course krannie' s shock is better than every one else's, I ve got 4 cats & I bet krannies got 5

• Motomike1

Posted August 16, 2013 - 04:59 AM

Of course krannie' s shock is better than every one else's, I ve got 4 cats & I bet krannies got 5

i have 6

• stevethe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:03 PM

Think some of you guys are missing something here.
Ohlins are used a lot on street bikes.
Some of it has to do with performance coming out of corners.
Street bikes usually perform better than other bikes without Ohlins.
It's that simple.
See most people who ride street bikes with Ohlins have less cash in their wallets to drag around and that quickly equates to more performance.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Cats. Pfffttt.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:34 PM

Think some of you guys are missing something here.
Ohlins are used a lot on street bikes.
Some of it has to do with performance coming out of corners.
Street bikes usually perform better than other bikes without Ohlins.
It's that simple.
See most people who ride street bikes with Ohlins have less cash in their wallets to drag around and that quickly equates to more performance.

There is not one rider, professional or private, that I have ever seen place in the top 10 in a D37 race, that uses Ohlin products, ACCEPT for the steering damper.

There is nothing better than KYB or Showa, especially A-kit versions. 

Ohlins are like KTM's: for people who are attracted to things that are marketed as being 'advanced', and are made to look that way, but really aren't.

• fixitandy

Posted August 16, 2013 - 06:28 PM

Oh I see, so reading between the lines of your last post you must have an Ohlins steering damper & that's cool. ROOSTA out.

• stevethe

Posted August 16, 2013 - 06:36 PM

There is not one rider, professional or private, that I have ever seen place in the top 10 in a D37 race, that uses Ohlin products, ACCEPT for the steering damper.
There is nothing better than KYB or Showa, especially A-kit versions. 

Ohlins are like KTM's: for people who are attracted to things that are marketed as being 'advanced', and are made to look that way, but really aren't.

Well, well at least their not unreliable like well you know those orange things.

Also did I forget to mention about getting invited to lunch when the Dutches of pork is in town.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 17, 2013 - 05:37 AM

Oh I see, so reading between the lines of your last post you must have an Ohlins steering damper & that's cool. ROOSTA out.

Yes, all Scotts steering dampers are made by Ohlin.

Well, well at least their not unreliable like well you know those orange things.

Also did I forget to mention about getting invited to lunch when the Dutches of pork is in town.

I personally know Ohlin. He's a Vegetarian, and kind of a freak.

• stevethe

Posted August 17, 2013 - 05:54 AM

Yes, all Scotts steering dampers are made by Ohlin.

I personally know Ohlin. He's a Vegetarian, and kind of a freak.

Humm I thought he was a geek and a vegan ! Wouldn't that be a geekagain or something like that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.