Picking up New 2012 Friday. Have some questions.

41 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted August 26, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Broke the bike in yesterday. Man, what a difference this thing is compared to my clapped out 2006! If feels so much lighter and the throttle response is INSTANT. It is too loud for my taste though with the powercore 4 so I ordered the quiet insert for it. Is anyone running the quiet insert? How does the mapping compare? I assume the insert will soften the hit a bit (which I am fine with), but will the FMF maps work just fine with the insert in there or should I be leaning them out to compensate?

I'm running the GYT-R power bomb header and silencer with the 94dB QC insert. I'm using the FMF map with  no ignition advance and the bike runs great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted August 27, 2013 - 05:45 AM

I'm running the GYT-R power bomb header and silencer with the 94dB QC insert. I'm using the FMF map with  no ignition advance and the bike runs great.

Thanks for the info.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.