CO rider want a new CRF for $5799 OTD?

4 replies to this topic
  • mikeolichney

Posted December 12, 2001 - 06:53 AM

OK, I have a deal but it entails 700 miles of driving each way. I am looking for someone who wants a new CRF in the Denver area willing to split driving and gas to pick up the bikes. I will supply the vehicle. Brand new CRFs, $5799 otd, no tax. You get the same deal I am getting. We would pick them up next month. Any interest? Email me at

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 13, 2001 - 06:22 AM

Where are you driveing to? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeolichney

Posted December 13, 2001 - 07:31 AM

Originally posted by THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER:
Where are you driveing to? :)

Near Tulsa, Oklahoma. I checked out forward air a week ago but they dont pick up from the dealer, and they must be fully crated. The dealer wants $65 to crate, and shipping will be $100 or so (forward air wouldnt give me a quote without dimensions and weight). Then someone there would have to move the crates from the dealer to forward air location.

That is probably what I am going to do, but if I had one or two other guys I would drive.

• mikeolichney

Posted December 15, 2001 - 06:14 PM

No takers. CRFs must have lost their luster.

• MotoStyle

Posted December 15, 2001 - 07:57 PM

Just a heads up, but Forward Air will not accept a crate unless it's boarded up with either plywood or masonite boarding. It's a protection factor, so don't think you can just bring them a cardboard covered crate. They won't accept it. I found out the hard way a while back. Hope this helps.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.