What year had the most HP?

14 replies to this topic
  • reckless84r

Posted August 13, 2013 - 10:41 PM

CRF450R.... what year made the most stock Horse power. the 2009, 10, or 11?

• 1987CR250R

Posted August 13, 2013 - 10:43 PM

They are all within one or two horsepower.  The real question is which one can you hold the throttle to the pin for the longest on.  If you can keep that sucker wide open for more than 50% of the time on any MX track, even on a stock bike, you will get yourself an AMA #1 plate.

• reckless84r

Posted August 13, 2013 - 11:42 PM

its always wide open. not tooting my own horn but its flattrack the sucker is pinned 90% of the time. im always in need of more HP. i only ice race (flat track). i grenaded my 2011. it was a built motor pushin around 63 horse. so basicaly im starting from scratch and wanna start with the highest horse posibal.

• reckless84r

Posted August 13, 2013 - 11:50 PM

the 11' droped a valve at the drag strip. i was doin close to 110mph at 12.30sec 1/4 miles. im trying to get a motor back in that range for this season of ice. i think im going to go with an 09'. Seeing as thats really all that is avalibal on the used market and all i can really aford.

• Kah Ran Nee

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:19 AM

The stock '02 motor has the most power stock.

Every year after is detuned.

That is why the '02 cam is the go-to cam for an instant power upgrade.

But, as mentioned, quantity is usually second to quality. 

Even with constant WOT, it still has to go in and out of rpm ranges and power peaks, so porting, cam, exhaust, etc will all allow you to tailor the power for your needs.

• reckless84r

Posted August 14, 2013 - 10:03 PM

The stock '02 motor has the most power stock.

Every year after is detuned.

That is why the '02 cam is the go-to cam for an instant power upgrade.

But, as mentioned, quantity is usually second to quality. 

Even with constant WOT, it still has to go in and out of rpm ranges and power peaks, so porting, cam, exhaust, etc will all allow you to tailor the power for your needs.

thanks for this! but im afraid the 02 wont work for me. because of the EFI 09,10,11 are the easyest to slap in there

• Eddie8v

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:40 AM

Any of the EFI motors can make 64+hp in flat-track trim once the proper head porting, exhaust and mapping is performed. If you'd like some help, shot me your email address via PM...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kah Ran Nee

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:24 AM

thanks for this! but im afraid the 02 wont work for me. because of the EFI 09,10,11 are the easyest to slap in there

You can put the '02 in any year, if you bring over the cam tower with it.

• Eddie8v

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:30 AM

I think he means he wants to use the EFI motor, not a carbed motor, nothing to do with the cam?

• Ron Hamp

Posted August 15, 2013 - 06:14 AM

the 2009 engine made the most power with proper tuning the current engines will produce the same peak numbers with the 2009 TB the 2013 head can be ported for a better throttle response and the later TBs can be bored with good results the 2014 heads have been changed i have one coming as soon as they are released to evaluate if your running a 63 hp engine you need to put a good connecting rod in it or you will eventually have another bo of broken parts.

• Jeff@bigborethumpers

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Bigborethumpers.com has the crank with a Carrillo Rod on it. That may help.

• Ron Hamp

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Nothing against carrillo i have used them but the only rod that i have never broke is the falicon by all rights the knife rod does not apear to be of the best desigh by engineering standards and its hard to convince some of the mechanics asembling pro mx bikes that this funky looking rod is just fine.it just works.How exactly does a posi trac rear end work on a plmouth work? it just does

• H4L

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:44 PM

the 2009 engine made the most power with proper tuning the current engines will produce the same peak numbers with the 2009 TB the 2013 head can be ported for a better throttle response and the later TBs can be bored with good results the 2014 heads have been changed i have one coming as soon as they are released to evaluate if your running a 63 hp engine you need to put a good connecting rod in it or you will eventually have another bo of broken parts.

Ron - Had an 09 & now own a 10 model as far as power goes they feel similiar with the 10 having a better map from the factory.    I actually like the 50mm tb for the fact it feels like it makes more power across the board than the 46mm version.    Read an article where KDub used the 50mm tb on his 11 because he liked it better for more power out put.     

• Eddie8v

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:47 PM

I still use the 50mm TB on the CRF250R motors: bigger is better! It is easy to program around the TB size.

• Ron Hamp

Posted August 16, 2013 - 10:16 AM

We have had the 46 TBs bored by injectioneering wade does nice work and has done them quickly for my riders i just dont care to do them myself every body says the same thing as you guys saying its a smoother delivery with better top end the curent KX450 i have done and making 63 hp has a injectioneering tapered TB and with my welded up head it makes tremendouse power down low..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Ride 2015 CRF450 by Hillguitar

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • Hot  37 replies
Forums
Photo

My New Project '08 Build by mrmoto35

• Hot  36 replies
Wiki
$10 PGM-FI HRC Tuner Tool - last post by calco88

$10 PGM-FI HRC Tuner Tool

Wiki Articles
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Please help , this is my first post. Carb issues? by cjr19543

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 CRF450 Shootout by dc182

• Hot  39 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.