Odometer/Hourmeter

4 replies to this topic
  • pauliboi

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hey Thumperdudes

hope you guys can help me...my son and I have researched trailbikes and have both decided to buy Yamaha wr 450fs....We are looking at 06,07,08 models but are confused...there seems to be 3 different gauges found out there...aftermarket and Yamaha factory...and analog and a digital. What the heck came on these bikes????we see pictures of what looks like an old school analog with a cable going to it...then we also see what appears to be a factory digital gauge...we have been told hours and miles ridden.....can they be zeroed...sorry guys but were newbies and confused...

help

Thanks!!!!!!!!

• Stealth13

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Those models have a digital display. No hours on mine though, it has a ride timer, 2 trip meters and a total odometer

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted August 13, 2013 - 03:57 PM

It's a bummer but no hour meter.  Time of day clock, Odometer, Trip A,B (can choose Kilometers or Miles).  All resetable to zero and will go to zero when battery is taken out or runs low...

• Stealth13

Posted August 14, 2013 - 06:34 AM

It's a bummer but no hour meter. Time of day clock, Odometer, Trip A,B (can choose Kilometers or Miles). All resetable to zero and will go to zero when battery is taken out or runs low...

the odometer cannot be reset and saves when battery is taken out. At least in canada, maybe yours has a cheap computer .

• KennyMc

Posted August 14, 2013 - 06:45 AM

the odometer cannot be reset and saves when battery is taken out. At least in canada, maybe yours has a cheap computer .

Does the Canadian version come street legal? That might be the difference as the ones in the U.S aren't so that may be the difference. Stooopid EPA, ARB and f'n Al Gore.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.