leaded fuel residue?

The grey build up is lead deposits, no big deal, just change your plug more often because it builds up on the plug really bad.

I just rebuilt mine after a year of running leaded race and was curious to see if the piston or combustion chamber had alot of build up, but it did not.

Later, Jason

Originally posted by Psycho426:

I haven’t tried normal 93 leaded in my bike

Psycho,

You have 93 octane leaded??? I am jealous!! Leaded fuel is a good thing. The lead helps to lubricate/buffer the valve train. If the leaded gas is the same octane as the unleaded you are using you should not have to re-jet.

Ernie

Ernie - Yep, we are lucky aren't we(we don't have such strict pollution laws yet). We even have a fuel that is called 'Dual Fuel'(also 93), I'm not sure how it works but it's guaranteed for use in <font color="Navy">both leaded and unleaded petrol engines, neat isn't it ?

Thanx, I'll give the leaded a shot the weekendbigok.gif

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Psycho426 ]

I've also been using MR2 fuel with the slighty ashy grey residue. The throttle response with this fuel and proper jetting is phenomenal. C-12 worked well also but doesn't give the revability that MR2 does. At least that was my experience.