WR450 2013 FMF muffler

25 replies to this topic
  • vlxjim

Posted August 18, 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't use it and there are others on here that do the same. After a minute or so they expand and seal up nicely. And I do know that my header and muffler expands and contracts about 4-6mm's at that slip connection.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:57 PM

WRLuisSA: what was the part number on the muffler you got ?

I want a Ti muffler on my bike.  The mufflers listed for the 2012 are not Ti.   I need to get a muffler from an earlier model and make it work. 

Would it be possible to bend the inlet pipe where its close to contacting the engine ?

• WRLuisSa

Posted September 05, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Powercore Hex  044397

Not sure if an earlier model will work though... Maybe others can help you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 06, 2013 - 05:37 AM

I ordered a Powercore Ti for a 2009 YZ450F, part  number 044230.  It should fit pretty close.   The midpipe is stainless.   I might need to mod it just a bit.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, September 06, 2013 - 05:39 AM.

• funt

Posted April 08, 2014 - 10:57 AM

The Q4 looks like it's a little longer than the powercore.  I think I'm gonna get a powercore with a quiet insert.

• mc1hd

Posted April 10, 2014 - 07:10 AM

I have the gytr powercore on my 20012 and even with the quiet insert it is still quite loud.  This was done when new with good packing and could hardly tell a difference. Would have gone with the Q4 if I could do it over.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.