- - - - -

Flywing parts?

• Please sign in to reply

10 replies to this topic
  • motoxvet

TT Addict

3,367 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Does anyone know of a source for Flywing parts?  Yeah, the ones sold by Checker.   I was given a DT150 and it needs a couple of things although it runs great.

Thanks.

Edited by motoxvet, August 12, 2013 - 12:28 PM.

• motoxvet

TT Addict

3,367 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 01:54 PM

Does anyone know of a source for Flywing parts?  Yeah, the ones sold by Checker.   I was given a DT150 and it needs a couple of things although it runs great.

Thanks.

Someone told me there was an 800 number for a US site but I can't find anything trying to Google it.

• MXDirtMom

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:32 AM

Any luck on parts? I just rode mine for the first time yesterday, the chain kept falling off causing me to wreck. Now I need a new front fender. It does look like a Honda fender could work, may have to Frankenstein a bit. Its a fun bike!

• spencersmith89

TT Bronze Member

234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 21, 2014 - 11:24 AM

Everything for many Chinese bikes is similar. Check tbolt they probably have something that will work even if its for a different brand of bike.

• spencersmith89

TT Bronze Member

234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 21, 2014 - 11:26 AM

After googling the bike look up mfc motor fun company dirt bikes. Very similar and parts are available.

• motoxvet

TT Addict

3,367 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 11:43 AM

Front fender is easy.  A universal MX plastic fender would work but you'd have to drill the mounting holes.

They are fussy about keeping the chain from getting too loose or it WILL fall off. and maybe damage things.  It doesn't help that the OE chain stretches (wears) like crazy so you have to adjust it about every 30 or 40 miles for the first 200 or 300 miles.  Then it' settles down.  At least the chain is a standard number.

I still haven't found a good parts source  - besides ebay, there's a few things there.  It's weird because there WAS a source but it's like they vanished.

• MXDirtMom

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the help! Will check it out. We figured there would be some difficulty finding what we need for this bike. It's a bit of a rough ride, however hubby says I'm like the princess and the pea. It doesn't feel like there is much there for shocks.

• spencersmith89

TT Bronze Member

234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:18 PM

Front fender is easy. A universal MX plastic fender would work but you'd have to drill the mounting holes.
They are fussy about keeping the chain from getting too loose or it WILL fall off. and maybe damage things. It doesn't help that the OE chain stretches (wears) like crazy so you have to adjust it about every 30 or 40 miles for the first 200 or 300 miles. Then it' settles down. At least the chain is a standard number.
I still haven't found a good parts source - besides ebay, there's a few things there. It's weird because there WAS a source but it's like they vanished.

When your chain stops stretching its wore out and needs replacing or its at risk of snapping.

• spencersmith89

TT Bronze Member

234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:19 PM

Front fender is easy. A universal MX plastic fender would work but you'd have to drill the mounting holes.
They are fussy about keeping the chain from getting too loose or it WILL fall off. and maybe damage things. It doesn't help that the OE chain stretches (wears) like crazy so you have to adjust it about every 30 or 40 miles for the first 200 or 300 miles. Then it' settles down. At least the chain is a standard number.
I still haven't found a good parts source - besides ebay, there's a few things there. It's weird because there WAS a source but it's like they vanished.

When your chain stops stretching its wore out and needs replacing or its at risk of snapping.

• motoxvet

TT Addict

3,367 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thats true with a good quality chain.  These OE chains are NOT quality pieces.  Quality chains are "pre-stretched" - actually broken in before you get them.  Otherwise you'd have the same effect as they break in.  The fact that after it "settles down", you still can't lift links off the rear sprocket much at all shows it's not worn out..  Thats a quick test of a worn chain.

Edited by motoxvet, September 21, 2014 - 01:44 PM.

• motoxvet

TT Addict

3,367 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the help! Will check it out. We figured there would be some difficulty finding what we need for this bike. It's a bit of a rough ride, however hubby says I'm like the princess and the pea. It doesn't feel like there is much there for shocks.

Sorry to tell you mom but that's the way the Flywings are....ROUGH riding.  But look at it this way, consider what the bike cost new...Now triple it, or even more, for a smooth ride from one of the Japanese big 3.  Is paying triple worth a smoother ride?  Some would say YES.  I'd say only sometimes.  It depends on what you do with it and what you expect from it.  For casual trail riding on reasonably smooth trails, they fill the requirement and for some people, that's OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.